Inside Sales Shelter Specialist
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Midwest Veterinary Supply is seeking a Inside Sales Shelter Specialist for our Lakeville, Minnesota and Des Moines, Iowa locations.
Provide a high level of customer service in a positive and professional manner by providing, research facilities, zoo’s, humane societies, rescues and shelters, universities with veterinary teaching hospitals vet tech programs, doggy day care and grooming facilities etc. with information on promotions, new products, pricing, recalls, answers to questions and concerns with speed and accuracy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Call out to specified shelters, humane society or any other non-profit or government facility we request using provided focus lists, manufacture lists, website, react account base soliciting NEW and REACT business, providing information related to Midwest Veterinary Supply, new products, promotions, recalls, placing orders and taking loop calls in the branch.
- Resolve demands including problem solving, assisting accounts with paperwork, online ordering, My Vet Store Online, , credits, returns, price quotes, special orders; complete research as a result of customer inquiries as requested.
- Read, understand and organize mail, faxes, and emails. Listen to branch and corporate voicemails and correspond to internal and external customers.
- Attend meetings, conference calls, and webinars. Set up appointments for OSRs to visit customers.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- A High School Diploma or equivalency is required
- A minimum of two years experience within the veterinary industry is required
- A minimum of one year of experience within customer service or phone sales preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, employment policies, operating instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Superior listening and verbal communication skills including the ability to demonstrate diplomacy and professional sales techniques
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately with highly detailed information
- Basic computer skills to include data entry
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Attention to detail to assure accuracy of orders
- A fast pace of work to meet frequent deadlines
- Continuous contact with customers
- Regular contact with co-workers
- Potential for stress related to a typical customer service problem resolution process
- Continuous use of hands for writing and computer keyboard
- Continuous use of a computer monitor requiring close and color vision
- Continuous use of a telephone – listening and speaking
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Regularly uses typical office equipment including computer keyboard and terminal, telephone, fax and copier.
Work is typically performed in an office environment where a computer and telephone are used for most of the day. Occasional local travel may be required, and overnight travel is required rarely. A typical workday may entail periodic visits to the warehouse. Work will typically be performed Monday through Friday. Working more than 40 hours per workweek may be required.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation celebrations.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please click here to visit our Careers page. California residents, click here to view the California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc.Lakeville, MN
Get fresh Inside Sales Shelter Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.