Midwest Vein Center is seeking enthusiastic, compassionate, personable and dependable medical assistants for our Niles, IL location. This is a full-time position. Qualified candidates will have good rapport with patients, work well both independently and in a team environment. Knowledge of sterile techniques and surgical instruments is required, with the ability to interpret & adhere to policies & procedures. Familiarity with insurance guidelines, authorizations, patient scheduling, and EMR is helpful, as the MA will work closely with other clinical and non-clinical staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting and scheduling of patients
- Collecting payments A
- Assisting with office based procedures
- Telephone triage
- Working with computers and data entry into electronic medical records
- Working with computers and maintenance of medical supplies
- Registered Medical Assistant Certification or certification pending, greatly preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and be able to touch type.
- Excellent communication and people skills with attention to detail.
- Reliable transportation and a willingness to occasionally travel to another MVC location.
- Compassionate, positive & professional attitude with a genuine desire to help patients look and feel better.
- Must provide references from supervisor/teacher/mentor of previous employer/schooling to