Midwest Transit Equipment, Inc. seeks a Full Time Diesel Mechanic for our Nixa, MO location. This position is both an In House Tech as well as a Field Service technician working at customer locations.
Who we are:
For over 40 years, we have been known for our honesty and integrity in our dealings with both our manufacturers and customers. We take pride in our reputation for offering quality vehicles, exceptional service and affordable prices. We strive to emphasize excellence through our attention to detail and our quality service. We maintain thousands of vehicles at eight locations in five states and over 350 employees committed to providing safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for our customers around the world.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for Diesel Mechanic Technician. The Service Tech repairs gas and diesel buses and vans. This position requires technical knowledge of light duty truck and medium duty bus maintenance and repair procedures. This position will work in house as a Service Technician and also on the road at customer locations as Field Service. When working in the Field Service position, a company work truck will be provided.
Examples of Duties:
- Services and maintains gasoline and diesel powered buses, light duty truck and medium duty bus. Diagnoses mechanical defects and carries out a preventive maintenance program.
- Services and makes repairs on equipment such as major and minor overhaul of engines, transmissions, brakes, air compressors, fuel systems, ignitions, valves, HVAC and Wheel Chair Lifts.
- Services and maintains vehicle air conditioning units required A/C certification mandatory.
- Inspects and repairs school buses per IDOT requirements.
- May lead the work of others, requisition materials, keep records of time and materials and be responsible for user maintenance of equipment.
- Medium duty bus, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment experience, International Truck/Bus experience preferred
- Must understand the principles of internal combustion engines.
- Tools, equipment and materials common to light duty truck and medium duty bus maintenance repair.
- Knowledge of the provisions of codes and laws relating to pupil transportation i.e. DOT inspections in addition to the safety provisions and practices applicable to vehicle maintenance and repair under both shop and road conditions.
- Must have your own set of tools
- CDL with air brake endorsement required
- Diagnose and perform advanced maintenance and repairs on vehicles, troubleshoot vehicle components.
- Use standard and specialized tools and garage equipment in addition to reading and interpreting shop and technical data
- Work with minimal supervision and perform independent tasks based upon general direction.
- Maintain and establish cooperative working relationships.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision
- Company paid for Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday Pay
- PTO Pay
- Career Growth
Midwest Transit Equipment, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.