Midwest Recovery and Detox Center is a growing of substance abuse treatment facilities brought together with the common goal of inspiring wellness across the country. Midwest Recovery is currently recruiting for an Executive Director with proven leadership in management and operations for our Toledo, Ohio location.
Working in partnership with an engaged and committed staff, the Executive Director will be responsible for implementing a strategic plan that calls for integrating a continuum of care behavioral health model to strengthen client's’ ability to achieve and sustain personal and economic health and wellness. The Executive Director will also act as Program Administrator and will sustain and deepen assigned facility’s core residential services while continuing the growth and integration of complementary programs in the areas of mental health and addiction recovery. The Executive Director will report to corporate executives oversee and ensure outstanding service delivery to clients and their families.
- Provide inspirational leadership to engage and motivate facility staff and community in service to our clients;
- Oversee the implementation of the organization’s current strategic plan through annual operating plans;
- Recommend and lead subsequent revisions to all strategic planning efforts; and Strengthen MWR ability to positively influence the behavioral health profession through leadership, advocacy, and exemplary clinical and administrative practices.
- Strengthen core programs;
- Oversee the primary care services management team to emphasize client driven services and high quality of care;
- Expand access to services that improve client care;
- Ensure assessment, outcomes and reporting standards consistent with or exceeding industry standards.
Accomplished and experienced Executive Director with a strong connection to Midwest Recovery Programs’ mission. Successful candidates will have a track record of success in growing and sustaining effective, client-centered programs for a multi-site organization.
5+ years of progressively responsible experience in leadership roles in the substance abuse treatment and/or business sector, with substantial experience in the human needs field;
- Proven ability to develop and sustain a team-based, collaborative culture with a service focus;
- Depth of skill in strategic and business planning and managing through metrics and outcomes;
- Significant experience hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Budgetary accountability and proven financial management skills;
- A track record of manifesting positive relationships and partnerships with stakeholders;
- Knowledge of state regulations applicable to our business.
- Knowledge of national trends in behavioral health and how they manifest locally;
- Prior experience in senior management in a behavioral health facility;
Deliverables/Principal Results Expected:
Responsible for the operational, financial, clinical, and regulatory oversight of a residential substance abuse treatment facility.
- Establishes and executes a strategic plan to promote program growth and respond to changes in the marketplace.
- Develops a team capable of critical thinking, strong employee relations, and effective teamwork. Entrusts managers with responsibility for employee screening and selection, orientation training and development, performance management, and other employee functions.
- Reports and manages key performance indicators related to patient access, client engagement, employee engagement, clinical excellence and financial metrics.
- Maintains a highly interactive relationship with the organization’s support services as well as external stakeholders and carries out related assignments as needed.
- Participates in Operations meetings and other organizational work groups and task forces.
- Ensures programming and operations of the facility meet regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Establishes a welcoming environment and promotes a client centered treatment delivery system.
- Establishes a system of consistent communication at the program level including daily, weekly and monthly shift reports and staff meetings.
- Continues to develop strong employee retention initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with physicians, referral sources, families, and other stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains positive and effective working relationships with organizational leadership in the areas of finance, marketing/needs assessment, clinical, compliance, and HR.
- Develops, implements and supervises programming that is consistent with the organization’s mission and that meet the needs of the organization’s constituents and communities.
- Ensures accessibility of services to the organization’s constituents
- Ensures ongoing program supervision and training for all program staff
- Maintains a system of quality operational and clinical record keeping and documentation.
- Encourages and supports all staff in updating their skills and knowledge to ensure the most effective services
- Strong understanding of MAT services, detox, co-occurring population
- Oversees development of an annual program budget.
- Uses program budget to guide program expenditures
- Prepares monthly operating report addressing budget variances.
Staff Management and Relations:
- Sets clear performance expectations and goals for all team members
- Establishes clear patterns of authority, responsibility, supervision, and communication with staff, including regular documented staff meetings and individual supervision with direct reports.
- Delegates authority and monitors results regularly.
- Communicates necessary information in a timely and organized manner and invites and responds to staff needs and feedback in a timely manner.
- Utilizes organization’s HR policies and procedures, appraisal program and support personnel.
- Provides coaching and feedback.
- Provides an open door environment and is present, transparent and visible in the treatment areas during all shifts.
- Ongoing attendance and participation in staff meetings on all levels
- Leads by example, take the time to learn and understand each job, asks questions and listens to employee feedback.
- Encourages innovative thinking and solutions, and effectively incorporates the ideas and contributions of others.
- Demonstrates an ability to foresee problems and utilize preventative problem-solving strategies.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, health administration, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing, or another related field. 5+ years of management experience required. Experience managing large or multiple healthcare programs preferred.
Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem solving. Maintains professionalism, flexibility and adaptability. Ability to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner. Ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment. Calm and decisive in crisis situations.