GENERAL LITIGATION PARALEGAL #9726
Hours: Monday-Friday 8-5
Location: Des Moines, IA
Midwest Professional Staffing is searching for a General Litigation Paralegal to join a law office in downtown Des Moines. This is an exciting opportunity for paralegals who have 10 years of experience or more.
- Research and gather necessary documentation
- Draft/review complex pleadings, briefs, motions, etc.
- Assist with completing discovery responses and requests
- Assist with prepping for depositions, trials, appeals, etc.
- Various legal projects as assigned
- 4 or 2 years of college
- Completion of accredited legal assistant program
- Certified legal assistant/paralegal preferred
- 10+ years of paralegal experience with emphasis on broad spectrum litigation
- Knowledge of Iowa and federal procedural rules
- Knowledge of litigation support software
- Knowledge of Iowa Rules of Appellate Procedure regarding formatting and requirements for appeal briefs.
- Knowledge of legal research tools and software such as Shepards and Checkcite, Lexis and/or Westlaw.
- Knowledge of Iowa and Federal Court Electronic Filing Systems including EDMS, CM/ECF and Secretary of State.
We are a staffing firm dedicated to connecting talented candidates with outstanding companies. Midwest Professional Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. Join our team and reach your true potential!