Service Technician (In Training)
- $23 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Petroleum Service Technician (In Training)
Pay Range: Minimum starting wage $23 per hour, commensurate with experience
Location: Grand Island, NE
The Midwest Petroleum Equipment team is rapidly expanding and is looking to add a team member who wants to be part of a fun & hard-working team culture with opportunities for advancement. MPE is the area’s leading developer of retail gas stations and private fuel systems and is seeking a professional and reliable person to serve as a Petroleum Service Technician. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and service of electrical, electronic, hydraulic and/or mechanical petroleum equipment and products (i.e. Gilbarco, Veeder-Root, Passport, EVO) as applicable. Candidates must be self-starters that can operate independently with minimal supervision. All training is paid for and provided by MPE! We are looking for that perfect candidate with great transferable skills that wants to dive into a new field of work.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and preventative maintenance on fuel dispensers and its components
- Install, troubleshoot, and upgrade POS software
- Assist in installation and repair of hoists, lifts and other petroleum and lubrication-related equipment
- Working with PCs and loading software
- Monitor and is accountable for accuracy of parts inventory
- Analyze electronic and mechanical problems and provide repairs as required
- Install, program and test new equipment
- Communicate with customers and explain technical issues in common terms
- Present self in a professional manner and arrive promptly to service calls
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with petroleum industry (preferred)
- Preferably be certified in Gilbarco or Wayne dispenser service, can train if not.
- Knowledge of aboveground and underground petroleum fuel systems
- Be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED. Additional training and certification provided
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to lift 60 pounds
- Position requires stooping, bending, kneeling, and climbing of ladders
- Sound integrity and professional ethics
- Experience with internet maps and dispatch software
- Ability to build relationships with clients and employees
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete projects on time
- This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday with occasional overnight travel required.
- Competitive salary and annual bonus opportunity
- Sign-on bonus for qualified candidates
- Relocation expenses available
- Paid education, training, and certification
- Company vehicle provided
- Clothing and cell phone allowance
- 401K with company match
- Excellent health, dental and vision Insurance
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
Midwest Petroleum Equipment provides petroleum equipment, services, and project management expertise to a wide variety of clients across the Midwest. We work directly with petroleum marketers, contractors, engineers, environmental firms and retail companies to find solutions and build infrastructure based on their needs.
MPE strives to be a great place to work. We value teamwork, innovation, and professional growth for all employees with an excellent workplace culture.
Military members and veterans are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Midwest Petroleum EquipmentGrand Island, NE
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.