Certified Medical Assistant (Part-Time)
- 5 days ago
- $17 to $19 Hourly
Midwest Pediatric Specialists is a privately-owned, pediatric multispecialty practice located in Overland Park, Kansas. Our reputation is based upon providing the highest standard of medical care with a personal touch. We provide comprehensive care for complex medical disorders both in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Our areas of subspecialty care include Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. We are seeking a passionate Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join our team!
Under general supervision, the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) will perform a wide variety of medical and clinical support functions in an outpatient clinical setting, such as:
- Obtain patient medical history, vital signs, chart preparation, medication dosage and frequency, patient allergens, and assist with medical examinations
- Maintain accurate and strict confidentiality of patient information in electronic medical record
- Performs routine specialized tests
- Maintain stock of medical supplies
- Educate and advise patients on specified medical issues within established parameters
- Complete physician orders
- Administer injections
- Assist with in-office procedures
- Administrative services
Starting Wage Range: $18-$19 per hour
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401(K) with contribution
Clinic Hours: M T&TH: 7AM-5PM; F:8AM-3PM. 1-Hour Lunch Break.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant certificate
- 1 year of experience in the medical field preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with providers and staff.
- Critical thinking skills.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Midwest Pediatric Specialist
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?