Midwest Paper Group is seeking a strong IT Programmer/Analyst to join its team. The Company is a privately held manufacturer and distributor of high quality recycled containerboard, natural kraft packaging, bag, and printing & writing grades of paper. We have a rich history of innovation & manufacturing a diverse array of products from our Wisconsin manufacturing facility. This position is located in Combined Locks, Wisconsin, a beautiful community nestled along the Fox River near Appleton, Wisconsin.
As a Programmer/Analyst, you will perform a combination of systems analyst and computer programmer duties. Additionally, you will also broaden your reach into non-programming areas of IT such as networking and security. The position requires the successful candidate to work with third party software so that we can get the maximum utilization and efficiency from those programs including data sourcing and reporting. About 15% to 20% of the work will be with our JD Edwards ERP system and related applications.
Programmer/Analyst duties and responsibilities:
Summary: Program, design, configure, implement, and support the business application systems. This includes, but is not limited to, all e-Business related activities for the intranet, internet, and extranet, as well as B2B application interfaces, EDI, JD Edwards, document formative, label printing and imaging, time reporting, payroll interface, plant and equipment applications, IT security and networking.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test and modify computer systems, programs and integrations.
- ·Apply system-analyst techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or systems functional specification.
- Modify and document program code to correct errors or to enhance systems functionality.
- Support users with operational problems and intervene when necessary with database fixes.
- Develop and implement appropriate software and system test cases.
- Develop interfaces and establish communications between disparate application systems.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Analyze user information system needs.
- Document the functionality and requirements.
- Research, evaluate and recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet user's needs.
- Provides reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; assisting with the help desk when necessary.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- ·Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Programmer/Analyst requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement. Experience in systems design, programming and/or systems software and support.
- 5+ years’ experience with in ERP business applications. JD Edwards experience is highly preferred. Experience with EDI and Visual Basic are a plus.
- Database design/administration experience (Design, implementation, modification).
- Proficient in writing fine-tuned SQL queries, stored procedures (e.g. PL/SQL code) and working with data in relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Experience with networking and IT security, in addition to the above, are high;y desirable.
- Ability to: Recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines.
Midwest Paper Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Midwest Paper Group
Why Work Here?Midwest Paper Group is a privately held manufacturer and distributor of high quality recycled containerboard, natural kraft packaging, bag, and printing & writing grades of paper. We have a rich history of innovation & manufacturing a diverse array of products from our Wisconsin manufacturing facility.
We have restarted a 130+ year old paper mill and created 275+ jobs. Become part of something very special.
Combined Locks, WI