FT Shop Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$2,500 Sign on Bonus
Wage - $24 - $30
(Depending on Experience)
Join us in making history. MME Inc was founded over 100 years ago. Over the last century our Class A CDL drivers have made the difference. Our local home daily routes allow truck drivers to enjoy the benefits of being part of an LTL industry leader. Come see why drivers have chosen MME for over 100 years.
Our Billings terminal is immediately hiring a Shop Mechanic.
Midwest Motor Express offers some of the best benefits in the industry, including:
- Competitive Compensation & paid weekly
- FREE employee only High Deductable Health Plan with associated Health Savings Account
- Company contribution to Health Savings Account
- Vision & Dental Insurance available
- Group Disability, accident, medical bridge, and critical illness coverage available
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid Vacation & Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Will Planning Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1 year experience in equipment maintenance and repair
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both staff and customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Forklift experience
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling throughout shift
- Ability to lift/carry hand items of varying weights, to lift 75 lbs.
- Current class A CDL or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire if needed
- Must have own tools and willing to help with dock and facility maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance on heavy duty tractors and trailers.
- Trouble shoot and repair electrical, lighting, suspension, engine, drive train, brakes, air cooling and fuel systems on tractors.
- Use of forklift, dolly, manlift, vehicle hoist, welding equipment, and other shop equipment.
- Performs duties that include, but are not limited to welding, cutting, grinding, painting, etc., to repair body and chassis components in environment that may include noise, exposure to dust and dirt, solvents and propellants, fuels, oils, exhaust fumes, welding fumes.
- Properly complete work orders and related paper work, perform data entry on computers.
- Communicate effectively with both drivers and Terminal Managers to gather information needed to complete repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Perform duties in various situations such as working under and on top of high vehicles, in sometimes diverse weather conditions.
- Abide by all company safety policies
- Accurate reporting of all paperwork
- Inform Supervisor of any incidents or issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Tech, Maintenance tech, Technician, Mechanic, Fleet mechanic, Fleet maintenance, Shop technician, Service advisor, Service writer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Midwest Motor Express, Inc.
AddressBillings Metropolitan Area, MT
AutomotiveView all jobs at Midwest Motor Express, Inc.