FT Local Class A Delivery Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
STARTING HOURLY WAGE:
$22.75 TO $25.50 PER HOUR
(DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE)
Are you looking for a career in a challenging and fast-paced industry essential to the American economy? Are you looking for a company that has an outstanding reputation for getting the job done?
If so, Midwest Motor Express, Inc. can offer great opportunities.
Midwest Motor Express, Inc. has been in operation since 1918, providing complete transportation solutions. Shipping locally, statewide, nationwide or internationally, Midwest Motor Express provides fast, accurate, and seamless service. The Commercial Carrier Journal has consistently ranked Midwest Motor Express as one of the top performing for-hire carriers among all carriers. Midwest Motor Express employs over 730 positions at 30 terminals across 15 states in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest.
Midwest Motor Express offers some of the best benefits in the industry, including:
- Competitive Compensation & paid weekly
- FREE employee only High Deductible Health Plan with associated Health Savings Account
- Vision & Dental Insurance available
- Group Disability, accident, medical bridge, and critical illness coverage available
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid Vacation & Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Will Planning Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Pick Up & Delivery Driver Minimum Qualifications:
- Valid Class A CDL
- Hazardous Materials endorsement or the ability to obtain
- Valid DOT Physical/Medical Card
- No DUI, Citation/Conviction for Reckless Operation in the past 5 years
- Less than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years (GWCC says 4 in 36m and 2 in 12m)
- Fluent in English
- Position subject to pre-employment drug screen
- Must meet FMCSA age requirements
Pick-Up and Delivery Drivers are responsible for the transporting, loading and unloading freight in a productive and safe manner. Local and surrounding area routes will vary depending on daily workloads and be between our terminal and customers. Must adhere to the operational policies and procedures. The successful candidate should also be available to fill in periodically on Line Haul routes.
Job Duties Include:
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on the tractor and trailer that is being utilized
- Properly document all freight control processes
- Dock work as needed
- Ability to read and understand local and surrounding area maps, road signs, shipping papers, hazardous materials markings and labeling identifications
- Ability to affix correct placards to tractor/trailer when necessary
- Maintains cleanliness of company vehicle Work with Supervisor in the implementation of all schedules
- Immediately report all accidents/injuries/delays to Supervisor
- Ensure the proper accounting and timely remittance of all checks, negotiable instruments and funds collected
- Assists customers in preparations of shipping papers
- Interacts and converses with external/internal customers
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Midwest Motor Express, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Midwest Motor Express, Inc.