Laborer- Underground Construction (DMV area, DC, MD, NOVA)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Laborer - Underground Construction
Tunnel/Bore Field · DMV Area, DC, MD, NOVA, and Nationwide
Midwest Mole is an underground construction company. Our work involves tunneling and boring operations for many types of utilities. We typically on Highway and Utility projects. Our work sites include working above ground and in work shafts & pits with depths between six and eighty feet. Our tunnels and bores can be diameters between 24” and 12’ with lengths up to 2,000+ feet. At Midwest Mole, we place safety above everything else and have an excellent safety record.
Learn more by visiting www.midwestmole.com
- Must be willing and able to travel out of town, and/or out of state to work on job sites.
- Must have a good work ethic: On-time, hardworking, with a willingness to learn.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must meet company’s Drug-Free Workplace policy and be subject to employment, post-accident, and random substance abuse checks
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Must possess a high degree of attention to safety to prevent injury to self and others and promote a safe work environment
- Must be able to obtain a CDL class A license.
- Must be able to stick weld or learn to weld.
- Must be able to use a cutting torch or be able to learn
- Must be able to signal excavators and cranes or be able to learn
- Must be able to rig various loads or be able to learn
- Must be a Union Laborer or willing to join a Laborer’s Union Local
- Able to use a shovel, hammer, wrenches, and other basic hand tools.
- Able to crawl in and out of pipes that are 24” + in diameter.
- Able to sort and separate tools, supplies, and materials to be used on job sites and/ or placed in storage
- Able to execute assignments in an accurate, timely, and safe manner
- Previous utility and roadway construction experience is desirable
- Provide labor as directed by the job Foreman, including:
- Clean work areas, machines, vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other routine duties associated with manual labor tasks
- Signal Excavators and Cranes
- Rig loads for lifting
- Cutting and Welding
- Shovel, Run a chipping hammer, Clay spade, and other tools as needed
Normal Job functions include the ability to perform the following physical activities:
- Repeated bending, stooping, reaching, crawling, standing, twisting
- Prolonged standing
- Working overhead (arms raised)
- Carrying, moving, and lifting: up to 125 lbs
- Walking in low overhead areas
- Working in tight/confined areas
- Working (holding torch) while lying flat (welding pipe)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Hourly Pay Union pay rates $27-$29 + Overtime.
Paid Per diem while traveling and company paid lodging when required
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Benefits: Pension, paid safety and training, paid health & welfare insurance (union benefits), referral program
** Midwest Mole, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. **
Get fresh Underground Construction Laborer jobs daily straight to your inbox!