HVAC Parts Outside Sales Engineer
Midwest Mechanical Solutions – Job Description
HVAC Parts Outside Sales Engineer
Midwest Mechanical Solutions is a manufacturer’s representative of some of the best-known brands in the commercial HVAC market. At MMS, strong relationships, creative solutions, and an upbeat company culture is what makes us successful. As a Top Workplace employer, we strive to find passionate and innovative people who are eager to share our goals.
Midwest Mechanical Solutions mission statement:
Creating lifelong relationships & projects we can be proud of through creatively applied HVAC solutions
Midwest Mechanical Solutions Core Values:
- Driven/Self Motivated
- Can Do Attitude
- Team Player
- Customer Driven
- Do What’s Right
The HVAC Parts Outside Sales Engineer will utilize consultative selling skills to build and maintain excellent relationships with Mechanical Contractors and Owners. This position is accountable for overall account development, HVAC parts sales and ongoing customer satisfaction for established accounts. The Sales Engineer is motivated by meaningful relationships and provides expertise to create high value solutions for our customers. This role requires HVAC technical knowledge. This position is based in our Minneapolis office which also covers North Dakota and Western Wisconsin.
- Develop and foster relationships with mechanical contractors and business owners.
- Accountable for sales, account management, business development and project management for commercial accounts.
- Understand specific customer requirements to develop and execute account specific business plans.
- Promptly and accurately respond to customer needs by identifying products and designing systems that result in sales.
- Work closely with accounts to ensure optimum customer satisfaction on every project.
- Increase market penetration with commercial and institutional clients.
- Promote the MMS parts product line card at various HVAC related promotional events
- Project manage/coordinate projects including quotations, order processing and tracking, freight claims, product availability, and field service or warranty issues.
- Ensure the desired level of profitability is obtained by consistently following the pricing structure and following established sales processes.
- Maintain knowledge of HVAC fundamentals and product lines, staying informed of new products, and utilizing opportunities to further educate self, co-workers and customers.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Associates or 2-year HVAC degree or equivalent field experience
- 2 years proven successful sales or field service as a Commercial/Applied HVAC or HVAC parts Sales Engineer (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability to form long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
- Consultative sales skills/knowledge and demonstrated experience selling in a matrixed environment.
- Deep technical knowledge of HVAC systems and the manufacturers that serve that market.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Energetic with a positive attitude that is conscientious, enthusiastic, articulate, and possesses a professional attitude to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers and work effectively as a team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both internal employees and external customers.
- Must demonstrate MMS Core Values: driven and self-motivated, can-do attitude, team player, customer driven, do what’s right and accountable
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the qualifications of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
At Midwest Mechanical Solutions, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Midwest Mechanical Supply IncMinneapolis, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.