Assistant Plant Manager
Midwest Manufacturing Livonia, MI
- Posted: 29 days ago
This position is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in managing and supervising all operations of the Livonia, MI Truss facility.
- Ensure that all product is built in the most efficient way.
- Ensure that all orders are filled within an acceptable lead time.
- Set and evaluate production quotas, both quantity and quality.
- Supervise Team Members engaged in all aspects of the manufacturing process, including operation of: forklifts, saws, roller presses, hydraulic presses, hand held pneumatic staplers and nail guns, manual, semi-automatic, and automatic stacking equipment, strapping and other misc. powered and hand tools, etc.
Facility Maintenance and Utilization
- Keep all production facilities in good repair, orderly and clean.
- Use equipment to capacity to fill orders.
- Ensure all safety policies are enforced, all training is up to date, and all equipment is giarded and well maintained.
- Keep all safety training and maintenance documented.
- Keep open communication with all Team Members regarding safety issues.
- Strong understanding of truss manufacturing and processes
- Minimum one year supervisory experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills
- Able to write and speak clearly and accurately
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to tactfully deal with guests and Team Members
- Good knowledge of construction industry
ManufacturingView all jobs at Midwest Manufacturing