(This position is located in Portage, MI)
The eCommerce Sales Coordinator is responsible for managing the day to day activities of running the company’s eCommerce business. This includes managing the Amazon account along with all other e-retailing and brick and mortar accounts with an e-retailing internet presence.
The eCommerce Sales Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and expanding eCommerce partnerships with online retailers throughout the United States and abroad. The efforts of the ESC will be focused on managing current eCommerce customers and building new eCommerce business through research and customer outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Sales - Drives Companies online business - Develops and implements sales plans for the company’s current and prospective eCommerce business. Goals are aligned with corporate objectives.
· Customer Management - responsible for managing Vendor/Seller central for our Amazon business along with all other e-retailer databases as required to ensure optimal online information and performance. Flags issues and works with appropriate groups through resolution.
· Content Development / Management – collect, organize, and update all levels of eCommerce product, marketing and pricing data for customer websites. This includes e-retailers and brick and mortar retail customers that have an e-retailing website where products are listed and sold.
· Website effectiveness - Drives website traffic through SEO/SEM practices. Potentially working with a PPC agency, email marketing provider or general eCommerce provider. All to drive website sales and overall website traffic.
· eCommerce Business Plan – in collaboration with Midwest Sales & Marketing, develop and implement an overarching eCommerce business plan for the organization.
· Website Management – Identify, define, plan and implement website changes and functional improvements. Continually update website product, marketing information and events. Investigates new ways to generating traffic and orders.
· Omni-channel Retailing – develops an understanding of Omni channel retailing and works to identify ways to incorporate concepts, strategies and tools to support Midwest overall sales efforts. Including social media, apts, product finders, logistical solutions and trade partner integration.
· KPIs - Develop key performance indicators, reporting format and strategies to improve them.
· Forecasting – requires annual forecasting of eCommerce customers business.
· Competition – monitors and evaluates the eCommerce activities of competitors.
Competencies – to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical Acumen – Collects and researches data; Tracks and manages business KPIs to achieve eCommerce channel growth goals including net revenue/sales, Gross Margin, Traffic, Transactions, Units, AOV, Conversion, repeat and new customers.
· Problem Solving – identifies and works to solve problems in a timely manner. Gathers information skillfully, develops alternative solutions and stays on it through resolution.
· Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build personal knowledge base and skills around eCommerce and “e-Retailing”.
· Web Analytics, SEO, SEM – knows or has the capacity to learn how to use these search engine tools. Keyword research, content marketing software (CMS) and knowing what content is most effective on a website.
· eCommerce Business Intelligence – has or can learn page performance analytics and monitoring.
· Pricing – understands or can learn the end to end product pricing profile as it is applied strategically to eCommerce, Brick and Mortar retailers, Hardware Distribution and commercial industrial accounts.
· Interpersonal Skills – open to others’ ideas and willing to try new things.
· Oral Communication – speaks clearly; can be persuasive in positive or negative situations; Listens well; Asks questions for clarification and responds well to questions.
· Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates; accuracy and thoroughness.
· Business Acumen – understands basic business principles. Needs to have profit centered orientation; has or can learn about the market and competitors position in the same space.
· Project Management – Project management experience. Ability to organize a project and manage it from start to finish.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; works with integrity.
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports company’s goals and values.
· Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
· Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and ability to overcome obstacles.
· Planning / Organizing – uses time efficiently; sets personal goals and objectives, maintains realistic action plans. Is skilled at setting daily priorities.
· Communicator – Informs and engages company leadership in continuous eCommerce key initiative updates and performance metrics, with sound fact based rationale for delivery. Drives action and accountability based on insights.
· Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands.
· Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Qualifications – to perform this job successfully, the chosen candidate should be able to perform or demonstrate the capacity to learn each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required for success;
Education and Experience – Four or more years of related experience or training. Preferred Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university with related studies in business, marketing, mathematics or information technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write and speak effectively in front of customers and employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, margins, turns and GMROI. Able to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Computer / Technical skills – to perform this job successfully, an individual must have high level computer skills. They must possess a strong understanding of the internet in internet commerce. They should have knowledge of database software (MS Access), spreadsheets software (MS Excel) and word processing (MS Word). Understanding of web technologies; FTP-file transfer protocol, browers, basic HTML and various other forms of content management software.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.