Accounts Payable / Receivable Specialist
Midwest Engineered Systems- Waukesha Facility Waukesha, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
-Compensation based on experience!
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Specialist performs general accounts payable duties to include recording
and setting up for the payment of all invoices, in accordance with company and established accounting policies and procedures.
Responsibilities also include providing back up support for reception.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Maintain a positive and professional image at all times, when dealing with fellow employees and clients.
• Perform all accounts payable duties associated with month-end closing procedures to include vouchering all
invoices, printing accrual and accounts payable trial balance reports, reconciling accrual and accounts payable
trial balance reports to the general ledger inter-company account.
• Perform weekly check run.
• Review vendor statements and resolve any discrepancies.
• Work closely with purchasing and shipping to match packing slips to invoices and follow up with vendors
• Complete and maintain all required accounting paperwork, records, documents, etc.
• Maintains vendor information for tax exemption certificates, credit information, and certificates of insurance.
• Assist the controller in developing and maintaining company organization standards and practices.
• Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping
• Assist in answering incoming calls in a timely and professional manner.
• Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable in a manufacturing setting.
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as correspondences, safety regulations, instruction and procedure manuals.
Ability to write correspondences and routine reports. Ability to effectively communication one on one and in small group
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Midwest Engineered Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and believes in equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. Accordingly,
all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer,
discipline, compensation, benefits, training and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military service, sexual orientation, marital status, arrest and conviction
records or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state of federal law.
situations to customers, clients, and other employees within the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such
as invoices, bank deposit slips, procedure manuals, and various documents.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, percent’s and
decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and interest.
• Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to project a competent and likable impression of yourself and the company to customers and vendors. Ability to
interface with company employees (including managers, colleagues, and shop personnel); verbally, in writing, and in
person; in a positive and helpful way. Professional written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator,
telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach
above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files,
parts, and manuals weighing up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and the ability to adjust focus.
▪ The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPANY POLICY/PROCEDURE COMPLIANCE
▪ Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
$18 - $25 / hr
Midwest Engineered Systems- Waukesha Facility
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Midwest Engineered Systems- Waukesha Facility