This position will service around the St. Louis area to Perry County.
A Mobile Service Technician is responsible for repair and preventive maintenance on med/heavy-duty fleet vehicles at our customer’s locations. Expected to provide vehicle repairs while maintaining exceptional customer service. You will perform major and technically difficult diagnostics, repairs, and overhauls/rebuilds, including vehicle inspections, in a timely manner; ensuring quality, time standards, customer expectations, cost guidelines and reliability goals are met. This position demands high mechanical skills on med/heavy-duty trucks and buses with considerable knowledge of methods, material, tools and techniques used in vehicle repair and maintenance. Skills in the use of power and hand tools, use of diagnostic equipment, acetylene and electric arc welding, and the operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes. Highly detail-oriented and organized in work. Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a customer service focus with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results. Must have initiative and the ability to act and to operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- The mobile service technician must be an excellent communicator, proactive, analytical, self-driven, solution-focused, and able to juggle multiple tasks. Technicians will treat customers with personal/professional service, develop positive relationships; and help grow the Dealership Service business. Technicians must be very detail-oriented and committed to going above and beyond to provide quality service for their customers.
- Must demonstrate advanced analytical and repair skills in vehicle maintenance.
- Team player who is focused on overall Dealership success.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work. Foster positive customer relations.
- Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air conditioning systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate assigned repairs.
- Advises Service Writer of estimated repair time and materials needed.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety check inspections on vehicles.
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ensure that all repairs are completed as assigned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications.
- Works without supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Exceptional time management with a strong desire to meet deadlines.
- Ability to upsell work.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Basic computer skills as used for Repair order completion.
- Ability to confront and resolve difficult customer service situations.
- Must own tools required to complete assigned work.
This position has no direct report supervisor responsibility.
Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise.
Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants.
Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required.
Ability to move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to repair vehicles.
This position is very active and will require prolonged standing, kneeling, bending and lifting. Extensive use of hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week required. Must be available to work extended hours/weekends in peak business needs and on-call duty if required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 7 + years Diesel Technician experience.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred, ability to acquire CDL Required
- ASE Certification in PM, Brakes, A/C, electrical, Electronics or ASE Master Mechanic preferred.
- Experience/Certifications with Cat, Cummins, or Detroit engines a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time