Senior Analytical Chemist (Cannabis Lab)
Midway Lab, LLC Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Midway Lab Cannabis Analytical Laboratory is currently seeking experienced senior analytical chemist to join our chemical analysis team. If you do not have years of experience with LCMS-MS or ICP-MS, please do not apply for this position and consider the lab technician opening instead. (https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/midway-lab-llc-93cdb471/analytical-cannabis-laboratory-technician-microbiology-2fd11e5c)
With industry expertise and brand new, modern analytical facility & equipment (Agilent), Midway is attracting proven talent in chromatography fields. It is our intent, not only to ensure public safety by testing samples and products for harmful contaminants, but also use the raw analytic data collected as the basis for cutting edge cannabis research.
The right candidate is someone with cross-functional experience with HPLC, GC, GC/MS, ICP-MS, LC/MS/MS as it concerns testing in cannabis and other agricultural products. Ideal candidate would be someone with previous experience in pesticide/environmental testing and a section lead in the semi-volatile GC/MS lab or pesticide residue department. Previous testing for potency and terpene in cannabis is considered a plus. Or any method development experience with common cannabis matrices.
Under the direct supervision of the Scientific Director, the successful candidate will perform the following operations:
As Sr Analytical Chemist; Duties and Responsibilities
- Design laboratory workflow processes and efficient testing schedules to ensure timely delivery of test results. Most workdays will be spent in the lab.
- Supervise the laboratory personnel through continual general and direct supervision, interactive staff meetings, time management, and workload distribution.
- Remain accessible to laboratory testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or laboratory manager.
- Monitor the supply and reagent inventory to ensure the Laboratory is stocked with consumables.
- Assist with staying within budget parameters as well as reaching projected program goals.
- Monitor and respond to monthly volumes, utilization, financial, operational and quality metrics.
- Take action on personnel and operational issues with urgency.
Qualifications for Senior Analytical Chemist / Lab Manager
- Most likely need a Minimum: BSc in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, microbiology or a related field. Applicants with graduate level degrees in a science related field are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 3-5 years of recent experience in analytical chemistry lab with LC/MS/MS or GC/MS development or daily operation in the context of pesticide testing as well as running an accredited laboratory.
Skillsets of Interest
- An expert in the use of Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS), Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS).
- Expert in the quantitative analysis of LC/MS data including the QA rules required to demonstrate accuracy and validity of a data set.
- Experience in pipetting, data analysis and sample prep.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- High-level analytical problem-solving skills, utilizing and maintaining modern analytical instrumentation.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as under direction while contributing knowledge and experience to projects.
- Must be self-motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle a wide variety of work assignments while meeting tight timelines.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication, and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
- Top candidates will demonstrate a desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth.
- Ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- The desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed
Midway Lab, LLCWhy Work Here?
Great entry-level job in cannabis space, get in early before final operational decisions are made!
2040 Fairwood AveColumbus, OH
ScienceView all jobs at Midway Lab, LLC