Analytical Cannabis Laboratory Technician (Microbiology)
Midway Lab, LLC Columbus, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Laboratory technicians perform the day-to-day analytical testing, data collection, clean-up. Under direction of the lab manager, lab techs receive the daily plan from the lab manager and perform it as effectively and efficiently as possible. They are primarily responsible for the preparation of equipment and plant materials for cannabinoid extraction. These individuals also process extracts and concentrates, as well as clean and maintain equipment and the lab itself. Lab technicians must be able to maintain a strict and current inventory of all equipment, chemicals, and plants in the laboratory.
Ideally, lab technicians will have some knowledge on how to repair and adjust basic lab equipment (ex. centrifuges, microscopes) and are able to identify potential problems in chromatography equipment before they fully occur and notify the lab manager. The lab technician’s job goes beyond actual lab work to include the storage of equipment and supplies, clerical tasks, MSDS maintenance, and the sterilization of glassware used for testing. Lab Managers will work with Sr Chemist & Scientific Director to ensure supplies are stocked and ordered on time, as well as R&D and maintenance budgets with management team approval.
Multitasking will be required, as will the ability to work in an environment of fast and constant change. Education that may be preferable but not mandatory may include an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, knowledge of medical cannabis benefits and law, and experience with sample extraction analysis and purification.
Experience favored for this position would be 1+ year in microbiology lab and familiarity with 3M Petrifilm tests, as well as an interest emerging genetic/qPCR methods. Training on lab’s equipment and protocols will be provided to all lab tech’s as part of the on- boarding process. Also any method development or validation experience with cannabis lab analytes and matrices is a welcomed bonus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare samples for potency, residual solvents, terpenes, and microbial testing
- Performs logging and testing of samples
- Uses computer terminal to process analyzed data
- Processes, organizes, and summarizes data and reports results of experiments
- Basic customer service needs such as assisting with clients when needed
- Sample Intake
- Receive samples and confirm appropriate receipt conditions
- Enter the samples into the LIMS
- Complete all necessary intake documentation
Sample Preparation for Analysis The technician prepares samples in accordance with the associated method SOPs. The following are tasks necessary for sample preparation:
Daily Opening Procedures
- Temperature logs for refrigerators, freezers, and incubators (as applicable)
- Scale calibration verifications
- Stocking consumables
- Cleaning labware
- General tidiness throughout the lab space
Other duties and tasks may be determined by the laboratory director or supervisor.
Midway Lab, LLCWhy Work Here?
Great entry-level job in cannabis space, get in early before final operational decisions are made!
2040 Fairwood AveColumbus, OH
HealthcareView all jobs at Midway Lab, LLC