- $22 to $26 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Midtown Veterinary Hospital is looking for a full-time Veterinary Assistant to join our team! Midtown is a boutique veterinary hospital located in Palo Alto and the preferred center of veterinary excellence in Silicon Valley, CA. Our hospital boasts a modern and spacious facility that allows for increased efficiency in delivering wellness care, emergency, and urgent care veterinary services. We take pride in fostering a culture of exceptional teamwork and in creating positive experiences and relationships with our valued patients, clientele, and teammates.
Position Overview: As a Veterinary Assistant, you will play an important role in the day-to-day operations with Midtown Veterinary Clinic. By adding value to an organization dedicated to quality care and extraordinary service, you will fully assist the DVMs to help improve the quality of care to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in determining animal requirements by helping conduct animal examinations, restraining patients, and reviewing care plans and records
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering vaccines, providing wound care management, completing laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging
- Assembling required supplies and instruments for procedures
- Fill prescriptions and administer PO, SQ, IM, IV medications, including proper documentation, logging, and security of controlled drugs
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients’ conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to demonstrate and follow procedures in catheter placement and phlebotomy
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 1 year of experience performing above duties
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience in surgery is a plus
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs and calculations
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors
Available Schedule: Full-time position, must be open to working weekends
- We are open: Tues-Fri 9am-6pm
- Saturdays 10am-7pm
- Closed Sundays and Mondays
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience ($22.00 - $26.00 per hour)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k + company match
- Paid time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Professional development support
- Mental health assistance
- Employee discounts on veterinary services
- Scrub allowance
- Collaborative and encouraging culture!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Midtown Veterinary Hospital is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Reference ID: CPP-0000066
Midtown Veterinary HospitalPalo Alto, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.