2700 N Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL 60639
AUTOMOTIVE LUBE TECHNICIAN
Multiple Positions Open
$15 per hour
We promote from within! Paid Training!
Start your career today with the best brand!
At Midtown Toyota we have a family-orientated neighborhood Toyota dealership. We put community before everything else, and we’ve followed through on that commitment by building a dealership culture that is friendly, approachable, and ready to give back to the people we serve. We strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and our community.
Our Service department is growing fast and we are seeking to hire experienced Lube Technicians to provide light vehicle repair and maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, brake shoes, batteries and more. We welcome technicians from other brands and industries such as: Firestone, Pep Boys, Jiffy Lube, etc. We value our employees and invest in their success.
- $15 per hour
- We promote from within
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability available
- 401(k) Plan!
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity for advancement – we promote from within
Responsibilities - Lube Technician:
- Perform multi-point inspection of vehicle including fluids, battery, brakes, belts, tires, etc.
- As needed, change oil, grease fittings, replace air filters, engine coolant, rotate and balance tires, etc.
- Use different electronic tools to find and correct malfunctioned areas such as the ignition, brake shoes and wheel bearings.
- Repair and maintain various components like the air conditioner, condenser, cooling system or fuel injection system.
- Tune automobile engines for efficiency
- Responsible for keeping shop area neat, clean, and able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
Qualifications/Requirements - Lube Technician:
- Possess a basic understanding of car maintenance/automotive knowledge
- Experience is preferred OR recent completion of automotive tech/trade school
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, etc.
- A positive attitude, good work ethic and pays attention to details
- Must be able to work well as part of a team and have excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Upload resume and complete online assessment for immediate consideration
- Valid driver's license
- A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD IS A MUST
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass pre-employment background check, MVR and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.