Computer Information Technician II
- Posted: over a month ago
Midtown Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center serving Northeast Nebraska with focus on improving access to complete care for the whole family is looking for a Computer Information Technician II to help us fulfill our mission.
Proficiency in English and Spanish is desirable and wage differential is offered to successful bilingual candidates.
Clinic hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00am until 6:00pm. No nights or weekends.
Midtown Health Center offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurances, 401(k), paid time off and more.
Due to the announced Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Interim Final Rule, Midtown Health Center is required to mandate COVID-19 vaccination to all employees unless they qualify for an exemption per the CMS guidance.
The Computer Information Technician is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all computer hardware and software for Midtown Health Center (MHC). This position also has oversight for the local area and wide area networks, phone systems, audio visual, and other technical equipment. Level I Technician will be the tier one support for day-to-day issues of staff. As a level II Technician, this position will ensure and provide redundancy for all level one responsibilities but will be the tier two support for day-to-day issues of staff. Level II Technician will be the primary support contact for Networking and Server configuration, and work to protect the agency’s security of information from internal and external threats.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Technician I)
- Provides technical support to all staff in their use of network services, telecommunications, and the electronic health records system.
- Provides Wide/Local Area Network (WAN/LAN) support
- Provides Tier 1 technical support for computer hardware, servers, operating systems, and applications.
- Monitors and maintains network switches, routers, firewall, and Internet services; coordinates repairs.
- Monitors hardware and software for necessary updates; purchases and installs those upgrades.
- Repairs computers, servers, and other computer equipment or coordinates repairs done by outside vendors.
- Configures and maintains email services; adds, deletes, and configures email accounts.
- Configures and maintains user accounts for various programs and services utilized in daily operations.
3. Reviews vendor bids, products, and makes recommendations regarding Information Technology (IT) for MHC.
4. Provides phone system, audio visual (AV) and other equipment support.
- Provides or oversees provision of technical support for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting video conferencing equipment/services.
- Provides or oversees provision of technical support for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the phone and voicemail system, AV equipment, printers, and scanners. Provides programming services and generates reports as required for all activities.
5. Assists with the generation of reports for all systems as needed.
6. Assists with on-the-job training for employees for IT systems based on staff position and need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Technician II)
- Is able to perform all duties and responsibilities of a level 1 technician in order to assure coverage at all hours of clinic operations and as needed during vacancies or times of high customer service need.
- Will serve as referral to provide tier 2 technical support for computer hardware, servers, operating systems and applications as referred from the tier 1 technician.
- Primary support for the configuration updates to Server Roles, and Features such as Active Directory, DHCP, File Shares, Group Policy, etc.
- Primary support for networking equipment configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Monitors and maintains anti-virus software and other security procedures/techniques and makes recommendations and continuous quality improvement efforts on an ongoing fashion.
- Manages and maintains automation, scripting and deployment tolls.
Duties 1 through 13, but not 7 are designated as ADA Essential Functions and must be performed in this job. All other job duties are secondary functions.
Qualifications: Training and Education
Technician I and II:
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education in computer science, information systems, or a closely related field and/or equivalent experience is required.
Midtown Health Center Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Midtown Health Center Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?