Responsible for sheet metal, piping, plumbing and small project department purchases at the most competitive and effective job costing pricing. All purchases must be coordinated with respective field superintendents, and project managers. Establish and maintain effective working relationship with suppliers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
· Coordinate pricing with project managers and estimate for assigned large purchases.
· Purchase supplies, materials, equipment and other items required to support all trades, project-specific needs and requirements
· Directly negotiate best price information and quotes
· Conduct cost analysis to determine best-price suppliers
· Solicit and evaluate competitive pricing from several pricing sources
· Assist estimating in pricing structure when required.
· Maintain on-going relationships with suppliers on a job/yearly basis to develop and promote strong business relationships
· Update accounts and price list changes per yearly quote.
· Maintain and update all pricing structures in one or more documents, reports, records and/or files
· Identify and recommend vendor to utilize on a project-by-project basis
· Attend monthly project and staff meetings to outline/discuss purchasing accounts and related information.
· Coordinate shipping and delivery of all materials with suppliers.
· Monitor materials delivery to determine compliance to established timelines and timeframes
· Maintain on-going purchasing, needs and materials timelines, inventories and schedules to anticipate bid schedule requirements
· Coordinate and maintain all shop inventories with shipping & receiving clerk.
· Process and file a variety of purchase orders, backorders and related materials
· Work with office and field staff as required
· Run an open PO report each month. Remove all old PO balances.
· Assemble and update, as appropriate, a material supply book to be used as a proper product type reference for all foremen.
· Coordinate and monitor all accounting deadline dates
· Prepare & present a variety of written and/or oral regularly scheduled and/or ad hoc financial, statistical, narrative & related reports
· Work on multiple projects & assignments
· Input, update & maintain records, logs & related documents
· Utilize a variety of standard office and specialized software applications
To be considered, you will have a high school diploma or GED AND at least four (4) years of recent, relevant experience as a Purchasing Agent, Purchasing Assistant or closely related responsibilities OR any combination of education and/or recent, relevant experience to perform the job duties of this position. Preference may be given to applicants with the above-identified experience in a HVAC commercial construction purchasing, procurement or closely related trades environment.
Benefits offered: Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Holiday Pay, Paid sick time.
Annual Profit Sharing Incentive Plan available to all employees.
Refer a skilled tradesman and you receive a referral bonus!
Qualified candidates may email resumes to Human Resources at: email@example.com or Fax to 602-452-8606
WE BUILD CAREERS, NOT JOBS. EOE