The F&B Director's primary purpose is to assure all food and beverage operations and Member services are coordinated to exceed Member expectations, while achieving the Club's departmental revenue and profit objectives. The benchmarks for a successful F&B Director are: growth in Member usage and food and beverage revenues; reduction in Member attrition; the maintenance of all quality standards for service, production, cleanliness, and safety; employee relations and staff development; all measured by member satisfaction and growth in Net Revenues from Operations.
Also responsible for the direction, development, and training of all service personnel, in order to maintain a high level of service as well as ensure that the Club adheres to the standards that have been set forth by the Club.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Maintain exceptional Member Relations and facilities by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations, maintenance.
2. Develop aggressive Food & Beverage sales, marketing and net revenue plans and direct successful implementation, following established Club budgeting and revenue guidelines.
3. Identify opportunities for Member events and food and beverage services that satisfy on-going Member needs and implement to achieve revenue objectives.
4. Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized.
5. Work with the Member committees to develop and implement Member activities and events.
6. Communicate with Members on both group and individual basis to ensure the Club is exceeding their expectations.
7. Works closely with Membership Director, Golf Course Superintendent, Head Golf Profession and Private Event Director to provide direction and input on all matters relating to F&B operations for their specific areas.
8. Recruit, select and develop a qualified staff of Service Excellence Employee Partners to understand the relationships between value, Member service and satisfaction and Member retention/attrition.
9. Develop Employee Partners for career advancement through the use of Performance Review Systems, Cross Training, and Developmental Planning.
10. Hire quality Employee Partners. Ensure that pre-employment screening, background checks, and the interview process are properly completed. Administer appropriate compensation packages for Club Employee Partners in conjunction with labor laws. Ensure appropriate on-boarding takes place.
11. Create an excellent work environment, centered upon teamwork and mutual respect that is expected to focus upon Member Satisfaction and the 3 Steps of Service while producing the Club's revenue objectives.
12. Implement and effectively execute specific training programs timely and consistently to ensure Club staff is providing Members with quality service and product.
13. Responsible for the scheduling and/or directing the scheduling of all service personnel and the budgeting of labor costs. Ensure controls on time reporting via the time management systems are in place by computing the total hours and making sure the time are accurate by both the Employee Partners and the supervisor. Ensure Employee Partners are adhering to mandated policies and procedures as outline in the Time Management Policy.
14. Attend and lead as required all Department Head staff meetings, Food & Beverage meetings, as well as hold weekly service training meetings and special training sessions when needed. Perform line-up twice daily going over the events of the day and Menu items.
15. Partner with fellow Employee Partners to provide the Service to all Members/guests.
16. Ensure service recovery programs are in place, staff is properly training to execute and being properly utilized as set forth by management.
MCC strives to be the destination for members that are seeking a private club with exceptional golf, dining and social activities. MCC is where members, their families and friends create special memories; where enduring friendships are formed and cherished, all in a warm atmosphere of casual elegance.
MCC will maintain an unwavering commitment to excellence, integrity, continuous improvement and fiscal responsibility in all of our endeavors. We will create a service-oriented culture where everyone is treated as a special guest, all in an environment fostering fun and camaraderie.
Maintain our focus on being a traditional family-oriented club
Offer a wide range of golf and social activities to enrich the lives of our members, their families and guests
Develop an exceptional service culture in all that is offered
Instill professionalism, honesty and integrity that guide how we work to achieve our goals