Assistant Store Manager
Midline Vision Group LLC Madison, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you self-motivated, accountable, and good at building teams? Consider working with us at Pearle Vision! Our growing team needs an assistant store manager to help us deliver a great patient experience in our optometric clinic. The best candidate will be excited about helping the business grow, fostering an ongoing relationship with patients, and coaching sales behaviors and patient care techniques.
An assistant store manager is responsible for helping the store manager oversee all facets of the office's operation, including but not limited to the daily operation of a retail area including personnel management, budgetary controls, and inventory controls while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Ensuring our patients have the best experience is our top priority. The assistant store manager coaches behaviors in the team that foster patient retention and promote outstanding patient/doctor satisfaction.
Candidates with prior experience in other medical positions (medical assistants or other outpatient clinic workers, those in the dental or chiropractic industries, etc.), those with some retail experience, and those with management or leadership experience for a multi-person team in technical work environments tend to excel in this type of role.
This role requires a deep working knowledge of vision and medical insurance plans, strong computer and technical skills, and a proactive, problem-solving mentality.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives sales by merchandising the store according to company standards, ensuring accurate and competitive pricing, and managing in-stock inventory levels; budgeting and forecasting sales; and assessing economic trends and community needs.
- Oversees the implementation of and participates in community outreach programs, and encourages associates to serve as good members of the community.
- Develop professional business relationships with other associates and doctors.
- Participate in hiring, talent development, and training efforts.
- Drive profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing and coaching effective retail sales skills.
- Other duties as assigned by a member of management staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience and proven results in a management role within a retail or customer service establishment.
- Ability to motivate employees to perform to the best of their abilities within their roles.
- Ability to present and implement decisive and creative solutions to opportunities to grow the business.
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed patient expectations.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other employees and doctors.
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability and flexibility.
- Willingness to take calculated risks.
- Experience with personal computers preferred. Willingness to learn new software is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced optometric facility while adhering to HIPAA compliance regulations.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and a positive, professional attitude are required.
We offer paid time off, professional development assistance, a retirement plan with employer match, as well as employee discounts on vision care, glasses, and contact lenses. We do not currently offer a group health insurance plan or dental insurance.
High school diploma or equivalent, and experience typically achieved with a minimum of 1-2 years in a retail or healthcare environment. Current eye care industry certification (such as a ABOC, CPO, CPOA, etc.) or ability to achieve certification within one year of hire preferred, but not required.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the position requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this position description. The company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization through written and two-way verbal communication. Able to read and write at a high school graduate level.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 10 to 20 pounds.
- Ability to see (Near, Distance, Color, and Depth Perception). Good eye and hand coordination.
- Manual and finger dexterity, as well as hand/arm steadiness. Ability to grip and hold items.
- Able to operate a cash register, various optical equipment, office equipment, and tools
- Able to work normal and/or extended (evenings, nights, and weekends) office hours to meet established deadlines.
- Able to travel independently to support Company objectives and personal development.
Midline Vision Group LLC
RetailView all jobs at Midline Vision Group LLC