Graduate Assistant - Technical Arts
Midland University, a private, liberal arts university in Fremont, Nebraska (just outside of metro Omaha),
is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant -Technical Arts. This position will be
offered within our graduate assistant structure, requiring admission to one of Midland's Master's level
programs (excluding Master of Athletic Training). The candidate will be responsible for contributing to
various aspects of the program, including recruiting, coaching, video and equipment duties, and other
tasks and duties. The position allows for an on-campus meal plan, stipend, and tuition remission from
the University. All position finalists will require three professional references.
This candidate will have frequent contact with prospective students and their families, high school
teachers and administrators, members of Omaha, Lincoln, and Fremont's Arts Community, Midland
University students, as well as the University faculty and staff. Specifically the Director of Technical Arts.
Job responsibilities include:
● Work with the Director of Technical Arts to develop and implement scenic designs for Midland's drama productions.
● Serve as the lead carpenter and assistant technical director in Midland's Scene Shop.
● Support the technical needs of a variety of Midland Performing Arts Events.
● Intermittently direct set and prop construction, stage and technical management, and oversee student performing arts productions.
● Assist with, and on occasion lead, recruiting efforts for the Technical Arts program, as well as the performing arts as a whole. This includes communicating with prospective students, updating recruitment tracking information, attending campus visits, logging awarding information, and
assisting with various recruitment duties as requested by the Director of Technical Arts or Asst. Director of Performing arts with confidentiality, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
● Work with the Performing Arts staff/faculty to provide current students support and encouragement.
● Strive to build/maintain an environment of integrity, trust, and transparency.
● Other duties as assigned.
Need to have:
A bachelor's degree and relevant experience in the technical arts, including, but not limited to, scenic construction, lighting, sound operation, and/or costume design/construction. Theatre design, carpentry, and scenic drafting experience are a plus.
● A positive attitude
● An outgoing personality with the ability to connect with others naturally
● An ability to resolve issues independently
● Monthly Stipend Amount: $500
● Tuition Remission: 100% LTD & MEd (Does not include MBA)
● 15-meal per week meal plan
● Single annual membership to the Fremont YMCA
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Midland UniversityFremont, NE
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.