Associate Dean, School of Nursing
Midland University Fremont, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
Midland University is seeking an innovative, collaborative, and visionary leader of the School of Nursing for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program which includes program options for traditional pre-licensure, LPN to BSN, and RN-BSN students. The RN to BSN curriculum is offered completely online. The nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission of Education in Nursing (ACEN) and approved by the Nebraska State Board of Nursing. The Director reports to the Dean of the College of Health Professions.
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of full-time and part-time nursing faculty including hiring, feedback, professional development, and accountability.
- Create and sustain a culture of operational excellence.
- Support the Strategic Initiatives of the University.
- Manage accreditation and regulatory agency processes; submit reports and self-studies as required; assure compliance.
- Assure quality, relevant, outcomes based curriculum and assessment.
- Partner with Admissions and Marketing for strategic programmatic growth.
- Develop and maintain the budget.
- Initiate, foster, and maintain relationships and agreements with clinical agencies, community partners, and constituent groups.
- Develop course and clinical schedules; manage faculty workloads.
- Use data to make decisions and involve faculty where appropriate.
- Oversee simulation and skills labs.
- Cultivate positive relationships with students that foster academic success.
- A current unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in NE or eligible for NE - RN licensure.
- A Master of Science in Nursing.
- A completed doctorate in Nursing or related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of teaching-learning principles, curriculum design, revision, implementation and evaluation; experience with program development.
- Teaching experience in nursing in higher education.
- Administrative experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead with a style of open communication and transparent decision making.
- Experience in hiring, supervising, and evaluating people.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and networks.
- Ability to maximize capacity in existing programs and develop new academic opportunities.
- Budget and resource management experience.
- A strong commitment to valuing diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.
- Knowledge of emerging practices and trends in teaching, nursing, and higher education.
Midland University is a private liberal arts university focused on preparing students to learn and lead in the world with purpose. If you share in our mission for students and our vision for creating innovative, dynamic, and relevant educational experiences, apply today.
To apply, please submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter. In your cover letter, please include your vision for relevant education.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro