The Assistant Banking Center Manager is responsible for individual business development goals along with assisting with managing the sales and operations of the Banking Center. This role works in conjunction with the Banking Center Manager to ensure implementation of policies and programs, in order to achieve company objectives. Coaches Bankers and Tellers on identifying and meeting the needs of the bank’s existing and prospective customers, including answering inquiries regarding accounts and consumer loan balances, opening new accounts, and handling customer complaints. Proactively sells banking services to retail customers along with developing current and prospective business clients.
- Calls on prospective business customers to generate new clients while also maintaining and expanding existing consumer and business banking relationships.
- Assists in the training, coaching and motivation of the staff in order to cross-sell the bank’s products and services and deepen customer relationships.
- Support portfolio growth by identifying cross-sell opportunities and displaying sales leadership
- Assists in the delivery of quality customer service through personal contact with customer prospects and adherence to approved quality standards. Encourages, by example, staff prospecting.
- May be responsible for providing employees timely, candid, and constructive performance feedback through weekly check-ins, huddle meetings, individual coaching, and observation sessions along with objective performance evaluations.
- Assists the Banking Center Manger in assuring effective utilization and scheduling of staff along with timesheet approval.
- Communicates to Retail staff.
- Ensures Retail Staff completes all required training.
- Assists Banking Center Manger in the preparation of retail sales and operational reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Broad knowledge of bank systems, consumer loans and deposit accounts.
- Cash handling and customer service background.
- Proven sales experience.
- Energy, Drive, Ambition
- Learns From Mistakes
- Leading with Purpose
- Putting People at Ease
- Getting Information, Making Sense of It; Problem Identification
- Being a Quick Study
- Knowledge: Trade and Business
- Maintains Clear Communication with Customer
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.