Trust Accounting Associate
- Posted: 5 days ago
Midland Trust is seeking a full-time Accounting Associate to join our Trust Division in Sioux Falls. The ability to multi-task while managing administrative support is essential in this role. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload and a strong ability to adapt is key to success in this position.
Candidates should have an interest in the financial services industry. Midland's primary services include Self-Directed IRAs and 1031 Exchanges. If you are looking for a company with a proven record of growth and opportunity, this could be your opening. We have an extensive training program that aims to develop your industry knowledge as well as your professionalism. Opportunities for growth exist within the company.
This position includes working in a team environment where all members must contribute towards daily goals to process timely client transactions. You will be exchanging information and documents with clients and with other team members at our Sioux Falls, Chicago, and Fort Myers Midland offices. The Trust Department is the heart of the organization that processes all inter-company requests on a daily basis.
Typical Job Duties:
- Working with the Trust Accounting Team for daily transactions maintenance including deposits, payables, and client requests
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working through a high volume of daily transactions, payment processing, check coding, and data entry
- Handles client transaction verifications and communications
- Answers client inquiries via phone and email
- Codes documents according to company procedures
- Provides support to other departments and employees as needed
- Processes client requests and follows up on pending requests
- Processes client distribution requests
- Works as an effective team member
- Displays excellent working knowledge of accounting processes and controls, able to troubleshoot and correct weaknesses.
- Ability to research and solve account issues.
- Working knowledge of the various investments we offer and work with
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- College degree preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience in a service-oriented role (Accounting/Finance/Administration experience is a plus)
- Requires a HIGH level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Must have excellent communication skills, be pleasant, personable, and dependable
- Must be an AWESOME problem solver
- Must be extremely organized with an incredible eye for detail
- Must be great with all technology - STRONG computer, Excel, internet, Microsoft skills
- Must have the desire to work as a member of a team
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Why work for Midland Trust?
- Midland is an employee-owned company with a generous retirement contribution. We are proud to share its opportunities and profits with its owner-employees.
- We offer comprehensive health and dental plans. Additionally, Midland sponsors Health Savings accounts for employees who wish to contribute pre-tax money for future out-of-pocket health expenses.
- Employees are given 15 days of paid time off annually. In addition, major holidays (New Years', Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) are paid time off, as well as most bank holidays.
- We are committed to helping our associates reach their best through ongoing on-the-job training and internal education to make sure every member of our team is at the top of their game.
- You will have the rare opportunity to play a key role in Midland's long-term growth and success. Everyone at Midland has a voice and we encourage participation in both day-to-day operational decisions as well as long-term, strategic planning sessions. Regardless of your role or position, employees have the opportunity to interact with senior management and business owners on a daily basis.
- Midland is a fast-paced environment where everyone works together as a team to get the job done. Yes, we are hard at work during normal business hours, but you won't see us working late evenings or weekends. We understand the importance of having quality time to spend with your family and friends. While we work together as a team in the workplace, we also have fun as a team outside of the workplace through happy hours, charity work, and team sports
- Diversity and inclusion are key foundations within our culture. We select, develop, and promote associates based on their individual ability and job performance
- For more information on our company and benefits, please visit https://www.midlandtrust.com/about-midland-trust/careers/
Midland Trust is a unique company that offers services as a self-directed IRA custodian, 1031 exchange facilitator, and incorporation services. Midland has been in business for over 30 years. Please review our company website at midlandtrust.com to learn more about our company and services.
AddressSioux Falls, SD
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?