Shipping Supervisor (Newly created position)
Midland Garage Door Eden Prairie, MN
- Expired: 23 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shipping Supervisor (Newly created position)
Day shift: 6:30am - 5:00pm. Monday – Friday, and occasional Saturdays.
Starting Pay: $75,000 - $85,000/Yr.
Midland Garage Door MFG Company is looking for an experienced Shipping Supervisor who would carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assign daily schedule for each team member.
- Make sure daily Customer Pickups (CPUs) are pulled and staged.
- Communicate with other Leads about CPUs coming in.
- Monitor Back Orders and insure shipment.
- Investigate Quality Checks with Plant/Production Manager.
- Returned Goods Authorized checked in and restocked.
- Set and manage production goals.
- Unload and check in vendor product.
- Check inventory levels.
- Complete weekly driver bins.
- Communicate with other Leads about load orders.
- Fill out vendor order forms.
- Coordinate with office on open orders not picked up.
- Maintain a clean and organized shop.
- Uphold a safe work environment.
- Review and approve timecards and time off requests in a timely manner.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback while rewarding and disciplining as necessary.
- Lead department meetings with employees to address various issues/items.
- Champion an overall culture of teamwork and cooperation between locations and departments.
- Demonstrate and uphold Midland Values: Service, Quality, and Integrity.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships.
- High level of attention to detail, organization, and follow up.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Sound judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills in all situations.
- Strong customer focus for both internal and external customer.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Time and Attendance Software
- General Office Equipment
Education and Experience:
- 3 years of direct people leadership
- 5 years of manufacturing experience
Midland Garage Door is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
Midland Garage Door will make reasonable accommodations to the known qualifying disabilities of applicants and employees when doing so will not impose an undue hardship. Applicant who believe they may need reasonable accommodation to enable them to participate in the application process should contact Human Resources.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for Midland Garage Door to hire me. If I am hires, I understand that except in the stat of Montana, my relationship with Midland Garage Door is referred to as "employment at will". This means that my employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by me or Midland Garage Door. I understand that my employment is "at will" and I acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding my employment can alter my at-will employment status, except for a written statement signed by me and the General Manager of Midland Garage Door.
I authorize Midland Garage Door to make a through investigation of my past personal, employment, education, financial, medical history, and other job-related activities as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision and I release from all liability all persons, companies, and corporations supplying such information. I also indemnify this Company against any liability which might result from making such investigation. Additionally, I authorize Midland Garage Door to supply my employment record, in it's sole discretion, in whole, or in part, to any prospective employer, government agency, or other party, with an interest that the Company deems appropriate.
I attest with my submitted application that I have given Midland Garage Door true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal, no matter when it is discovered by Midland Garage Door.
I understand that information provided regarding my current and/or previous employers may be used, and those employer(s) will be contacted, for the purpose of investigating my safety performance history as required by 49 CFR 391.23(d) and (e). I understand I have the right to: review information provided by previous employers; have errors in information corrected by previous employees and for those previous employers to re-send the corrected information to the prospective employer; and have a rebuttal statement attached to the challenge erroneous information if the previous employer(s) and I cannot agree on the accuracy of the information. My submission certifies that this application was completed by me, and that all entries on it and information in it are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
Powered by JazzHR
Midland Garage Door
AddressEden Prairie, MN
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Midland Garage Door