Operate all production machines and feed equipment, progressive or transfers, according to specifications, Machine Operating Instructions, and the Part Control Plan.
- Maintain clean and safe working conditions in the plant and report any potential safety issues.
- Follow all health and safety standards, including personal protective equipment requirements for the work environment.
- Request and verify the proper raw material according to Part Control Plans.
- Prepare dies, production machines, and work site for installation and set up, including fixtures and tools at the assigned work center.
- Load, remove, start, end and band coils as needed to assist coil technician.
- Safely operate Hilo, crane, and die carts to transport dies, coils, finished product, etc.
- Prepare, load and adjust straighteners and feeders, and install and remove dies.
- Set production machines and operate equipment in accordance with the Quality Data Sheets.
- Maintain press fluid levels.
- Troubleshoot machines to ensure both quality and maximum levels of production.
- Read, understand, complete and follow all production paperwork, including Tags, Quality Data Sheets and Set-up Sheets.
- Conduct first piece and parts-in-process inspections for non-conformance according to Part Control Plans.
- Use calipers, micrometers, height gages, protractors, and ring gages to assure quality.
- Interpret CMM reports.
- Participate in continuous improvement, waste reduction activities and standard of clean.
- Recommend improvement for production methods, equipment performance, and quality.
- Organize and maintain both personal and team work areas (based on audit scores).
- Communicate to provide accurate, necessary, and timely information to all team members.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures, and perform related duties as assigned.
Equivalent to a high school education.
Three (3) to years manufacturing experience with ability to learn to work on press through on the job training and the APO training program.
Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds periodically and 30 pounds regularly.