Position: C-Store Cashier
Reports to: C-Store Manager
Employment: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: 22223 S. Hwy 29 Rancheria Rd., Middletown, CA
The Gas Station Cashier is the first point of contact for our gas station customers. The Cashier will report to the Gas Station Retail Site Manager. This position is responsible for accepting customer payments for gas and store merchandise as well as assisting with station organization, cleanliness, and maintenance. Gas Station Cashiers are tasked with maintaining clean and orderly stations. This includes servicing and cleaning the public restrooms, cleaning the windows and countertops, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping the floors, and organizing shelves. Gas Station Cashiers must stock and re-stock shelves, replenishing products in shelving, coolers, and hot food area. They may be required to prepare hot food, as well. Sometimes they perform maintenance on drink machines. Finally, they are responsible for maintaining and refilling the outside washing dispensers.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required May require the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with personal computers, AV systems, player tracking card systems, safety equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel. Strong computer skills to include effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge of finance/cage related management, information, and reporting systems preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Spanish speaking preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the function of the process of retail sales of Smoke Shop, Fuel, Food, Beverage and other Retail. Prepares shift deposit and paperwork.
- Participates in the maintenance of supporting cash receipts documentation and accumulation of information for daily and monthly journal entries.
- Balances all money transactions and paperwork.
- Performs all functions in accordance with established company policies, procedures and controls
- Promotes outstanding guest relations.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Performs other related and compatible duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated with attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Employee will have a ninety-day probationary period
• Confidentiality is a must
• Must pass a background investigation
• Pass any workplace drug test administered at will by the Tribal Council
• Preference will be given to qualified Native Americans, pursuant to section 7(b) of Public Law 93-638.
The Casino has been owned and operated by the Middletown Rancheria for 15 years we are located halfway between Calistoga and Lower Lake on Highway 29. In November 1994, the Tribe opened a gaming business, Twin Pine Casino as its first business venture. The facility was comprised of two (2) modular buildings with one hundred and fifty (150) gaming devices.
In January 2001, the Tribe moved out of the modular facility into a tent structure, which offered 12,000 square feet of gaming space, which held five hundred (500) gaming devices and eight (8) table games and Café-style eatery.
In October 2002, the Tribe purchased the Mount St. Helena Brewing Co. which is a microbrewery and restaurant located in Middletown. We are the first Tribe that owns a microbrewery.
In 2007 the Tribe created a working relationship with the Mohegan Tribe located in Connecticut, whom guaranteed financial backing for Middletown to finance a $48 million dollar loan for our Casino Expansion Project. The relationship between our Tribes is part of the overall Native American initiative in the United States for economic self-reliance and an improved sense of community and communication. It also shows the far reach and concern between Native American peoples, stretching across the nation for cultural and economic enrichment for both Tribes.
In November 2008, the Tribe opened the first phase of its permanent Casino expansion with 90,000 square feet of space with over six hundred and eight (608) gaming devices, eleven (11) table games and a poker table and includes the Harvest Players Club, Grapevine Bar and Lounge and Manzanita Restaurant. In March 2009, the Tribe opened its first business venture of a three (3) story, sixty (60) room hotel, which includes three (3) suites on each floor.