- Expired: December 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Middlesex Sheriff's Office ("MSO") is seeking a qualified professional for the position of Technical Analyst ("Analyst") to work in the Information Technology ("IT") Department at the Middlesex Jail & House of Correction ("MJHOC") located in Billerica, MA. The Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the MSO computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance. The Analyst will also be responsible for installing, maintaining and upgrading server operating system and software. The shift hours for this position are 12:00p.m. to 8:00p.m. and the days off are Saturday/Sunday. The shift hours and days off are subject to change based on operational needs and at the discretion of management. This is an exempt, at-will employment position that reports to the Director of Information Technology and/or the Superintendent.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining quotes and submitting purchase requisitions for needed equipment and software;
- Maintaining inventory of data centers, servers, switches, routers, and miscellaneous equipment; including requisition of hardware warranty services for hardware/break fix issues
- Resolving and/or escalating technical issues to other IT staff and/or appropriate vendors
- Collaborating with MSO staff and providing objective input to improve the overall IT department flow;
- Maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting MSO Offender Management System (OMS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Naming Service (DNS), Group Policy and Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phone
- Developing and documenting disaster recovery plans;
- Ensuring appropriate data is backed up and server/application is secure from unauthorized access;
- Provisioning, installing/configuring, operating and maintaining all systems hardware and software and done in an efficient and effective manner;
- Managing all activities related to the operations and maintenance of company computers and peripheral equipment;
- Establishing schedules and procedures for maximum utilization of the IT system;
- Analyzing operating instructions and user needs for to establishing operating procedures and best practices;
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading computer hardware, software, personal computer networks, printers, and peripheral equipment;
- Re-imaging and cloning computers;
- Providing and implementing recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions;
- Participating in MSO business recovery planning and objectives; including drills
- Responding to alarms and mitigating issues; off hours responsibility for MSO's critical infrastructure;
- Providing cross-training for MSO staff on all of the above;
- Participating in on-call rotations, as needed
- Other work duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology and/or Superintendent.
The individual selected for the position of Systems Analyst must have the ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job. The individual selected shall also be cognizant of the confidential and sensitive nature of working in a law enforcement agency and must comply with all institutional rules regarding safety and security.
- Based in a correctional facility and must respond to IT emergencies and be on-call and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide a safe, secure environment for staff and inmates/detainees;
- Must be able to work on varied shifts, weekends, nights, holidays and subject to being forced to work over 8 hours depending on operational needs;
- During emergency situations and/or disorder management, the Analyst may be required to respond to the MJHOC to correct, facilitate, and validate proper server or network operations and other various security related systems within the secure perimeter;
- May encounter verbal and physical abuse from offenders and interact with people who are under physical and/or emotional stress; stand and walk for prolonged periods of time; be required to work alone in an isolated area and; work under exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Lifting and securing computer equipment up to 65 lbs.; safely climbing a six (6) foot ladder; laying cross-connections of fiber and copper cables and; following precise technical instructions on deployment of cabling and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred or equivalent combination of discipline, education and experience;
- Three (3) to Five (5) plus years of experience in server software and hardware;
- Three (3) to Five (5) plus years of experience in Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008 (Active Directory, IIS, DFS, NPS, DNS/DHCP, GPO), Exchange 2016, SQL Server 2012, and Online, Antivirus, and Backup software;
- Experience with Windows desktop client operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 11) and applications (Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 and Office 365);
- Experience with Avaya PBX equipment and/or other voice over IP (VOIP) systems;
- Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, and other similar certifications preferred;
- Proven knowledge of internal workings of servers and computers;
- Work independently, as well as, and with other internal departments in a fast-paced environment and execute close attention to detail;
- Strong written, communication, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills;
- Ability to complete multiple projects in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining comprehensive and cohesive records.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must have an active valid driver's license, the right to legally operate a motor vehicle in Massachusetts and pass a criminal background check.
Salary: Starting annual base salary from $84,192.35 plus additional benefits. Interested candidates can review this job posting at www.middlesexsheriff.org and may submit a cover letter and resume via email to HR@sdm.state.ma.us.
Submissions must be received by December 14, 2022 at 5:00p.m.
Middlesex Sheriff's Office
Get fresh Technical Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.