Job 167040: 12-month contract position. 3 openings.
The ideal candidate will have expert level knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• RF seeker design, manufacture and test including familiarity of seeker components including antennas, transmitters, receivers and transceivers • Digital and/or analog CCA design, integration and test The position will require frequent interaction with hardware subcontractors to oversee design, test and manufacturing activities. Candidates will be expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under minimal supervision.
Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
• Leading the integration and testing of Complex RF or Electrical subsystems • Performing subsystem analyses including the characterization and modeling of electrical subsystems • Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and/or component levels • Resolution of issues on production lines and in testing (including suppliers) • Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
• Ability to trade cost, performance, and packaging approaches for electrical subsystems • Knowledgeable in the hardware lifecycle from requirements definition and architecture development through integration and verification, and production support
• Experience with any of the following tools: High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS), Advanced Design System (ADS), SystemVue, SystemVision, PSpice, MATLAB, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, System Vision, MathCad, IDL, Computer Simulation Technologies (CST), Microwave Design Studio and Advanced Design System (ADS) • Experience supporting Production and/or Test of electrical sub-systems in a manufacturing environment • Expert knowledge of RF, analog, digital, and/or mixed signal circuit design and analysis
• Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations • Knowledge and experience proposing and implementing Engineering Change Notices • Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers • Technical writing and formal presentation experience • Experience in applying SPC methods in achieving production yield improvements
• Experience performing electrical engineering design of CCA, RF Seeker/Sensor, or electronic subsystem including; circuit design, CCA assembly, electrical test and production support • Experience performing integration and testing of RF component, RF Seeker/Sensor, and/or RF electrical subsystem • Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
• Leadership of large technical teams, including technical oversight and direction, cost estimation, tracking & reporting, coordination and preparation of detailed technical team reports • Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, inertial measurement units (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
• Experience with subsystems integration and test • Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control • Experience with post test flight analysis • Test problem investigation experience
• B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics • Major(s): Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with over ten (10) years of experience • Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.