This is a 12-month contract position. There is 1 opening.
We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer II to contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules, FPGAs, and/or CCAs for a variety of DoD applications.
The qualified candidate possesses general familiarity with all aspects of circuit card and/or FPGA design. Experience with any of the following sub-disciplines s of particular interest: digital and mixed signal design, configurable logic (FPGA/firmware) design, RF design and power electronics design.
The successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes. This position requires frequent use of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques that candidates apply to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Successful candidates work in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive under general supervision.
• Minimum of 2 years Engineering design experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related STEM field, or a Master’s degree with relevant internship experience
• A self-motivated and effective communicator
• Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, and processor designs a plus
• Ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration
• Experience with PCB design tasks and proven ability to use tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution
• Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
• Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
• Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
• Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
• Team and project leadership skills
• Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
• Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 2 years of related work experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of a degree