Summary:Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers. Plans detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases. Determines the need for tooling and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools. Prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements. Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records.
Roles and Responsibilities
Converts/uses contractual documents, engineering drawings, technical manuals, Time compliance Technical Order, or other technical data to provide direction in work documents to accomplish aircraft production/maintenance/modification. Uses standardized processes to resolve errors with engineering and other technical data. Conducts concurrent review boards with Production, Quality, and Engineering to ensure work documents are technically accurate and clearly written for technician/mechanic execution. Conducts hangar floor checks for work document improvement opportunities. Initiates/ processes Planning Change Requests. Provides direction to liaison planners for incorporation of work document updates. Coordinates across functional organizations to clear document rejects. Participates in Integrated Product Team meetings to provide status of work packages.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance and/or modification technical writing experience
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documents and drawings
- Ability to plan sequence of work
- Proficient using MS Word and Excel
- Previous experience writing work instructions
- 4-years Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Bill Of Materials (MBOM) structure
- Experience using military technical manuals
- F-16( fighter experience preferred), C-130, C-5, and or P-3 experience
- Champion of Culture of Accountability
- Previous experience in technical writing
- Good organizational and communication skills
MIDCOM has current long standing national contracts with the major Aerospace, Defense, High Technology and Cyber Security agencies and Prime Contractors. Aerospace has been the primary focus of MIDCOM’s business for over 37 years and we have an in depth understanding of the skill sets, experience, and controls needed to operate in this industry with unparalleled success. Our employees work with us over the years and through changing economies because we treat them fairly and with respect.
Midcom is proud to become a Cenergy company. To learn more about Cenergy, please visit www.cenergyintl.com