Job ID 168718. 4-month SHORT TERM Contract.
Our client is seeking multiple postings for experienced Senior Procurement Specialists and Principal Procurement Specialists. This position is responsible for negotiating prices, price/cost analysis and compliant procurement documentation required by company acquisition procedures, local site work instructions, and command media. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the procurement and management of medium to complex materials and services (including software) requirements in support of multiple programs for all the RIS Business Unit. The Senior Procurement Specialist / Principal Procurement Specialist will be the focal point for interface and communications between our program teams and Suppliers.
• Review and assessment of purchase requisitions to assure all criteria and requirements are included and addressed.
• Review drawings, specifications, and purchase history to determine sourcing strategy.
• Prepare and issue Requests for Quotes (RFQs) to suppliers, ensure that enterprise, prime contract, category/product/service/specific requirements are properly included, and follow up to ensure understanding.
• Review quotes, analyze results and determine negotiation plans/strategies as well as addressing any exceptions to flow downs, specifications, quality notes, price, schedule, and terms & conditions.
• Conduct formal negotiations with suppliers to achieve fair and reasonable results. If needed, perform supplier assessments with the program team to finalize supplier selection.
• Compliantly document procurement files, including, not limited to, details of summary of award, source justification, negotiation strategy, price/cost analyses, performance to budget/target and risk assessment.
• Preparing POs and PO documentation in accordance with company directives and RIS work instructions
• Manage supplier performance to cost, delivery/schedule, quality, technical and programmatic/contractual requirements, and in accordance with company directives and work instructions.
• Prompt and timely response to all internal and external customer requests.
• 4+ years, Senior Procurement Specialist, and 6+ years, Principal Procurement Specialist, of relevant experience in a procurement/subcontracts/supply chain role. • Ability to multi-task and perform effectively in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. • Demonstrated ability to effectively manage job responsibilities with minimal supervision and collaborate/build relationships across the enterprise in a virtual environment. • Proficiency to perform and comprehend price and cost analysis, source selection/justification, analysis of supplier quotation. • Excellent organizational and time management skills – must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet team performance cadence. • Demonstrated understanding of all phases of sourcing and procurement execution. • Experience with procurement/subcontract compliance with Public Laws, Policies, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), Prime Contract Flow Downs, ITAR and import/export requirements, and the situational applicability • Demonstrated negotiation skills (internal, across the businesses and external with suppliers) and ability to lead formal negotiations and teleconferences (price, schedule, and supplier exceptions to contractual flow down requirements, as well as standard terms & conditions) • Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and ability to think strategically. • Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools, and adapt to change. Desired Skills: Ability to interact with all levels of management, suppliers, and other external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional organizations. High proficiency in use of Microsoft Products, SAP, on-line PO documentation tools, Supplier management tools, and knowledge of the Supply Chain processes
Education: • Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, business administration, or similar discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor’s Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience)
MIDCOM has current long standing national contracts with the major Aerospace, Defense, High Technology and Cyber Security agencies and Prime Contractors. Aerospace has been the primary focus of MIDCOM’s business for over 37 years and we have an in depth understanding of the skill sets, experience, and controls needed to operate in this industry with unparalleled success. Our employees work with us over the years and through changing economies because we treat them fairly and with respect.
Midcom is proud to become a Cenergy company. To learn more about Cenergy, please visit www.cenergyintl.com
Why Work Here?MIDCOM is an innovative provider of IT, Technical, Engineering and Professional Services. For over 37 years, our diverse and expert service, talent, and advanced technologies have allowed us and our partners to win, deliver, and complete mission critical programs and initiatives within the Aerospace and Defense Sector. MIDCOM has current long standing national contracts with the major Aerospace, Defense, High Technology and Cyber Security agencies and Prime Contractors. Aerospace has been the primary focus of MIDCOM’s business for over 37 years and we have an in depth understanding of the skill sets, experience, and controls needed to operate in this industry with unparalleled success. Our employees work with us over the years and through changing economies because we treat them fairly and with respect. Midcom is proud to become a Cenergy company. To learn more about Cenergy, please visit www.cenergyintl.com
Great potential and possibility to join an industry leading company!