- As an integral member of the Medical Programs team, the Medical Information Processor will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of medical data for new hire applicants, employees enrolled in surveillance programs, and corresponding invoices from such exams. Medical Programs team processes approximately 5,000 exams and 5,000 invoices annually. The individual in this position must be professional, flexible to changing priorities, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be customer focused. This position requires dealing with medical and employee information in a professional and discreet manner. The ability to maintain confidentiality is critical.
- Supports Medical Programs Team Lead with medical record verification and processing.
- Gathers exam results from outside providers and compiles them in correct format for review in WebChart.
- Traces missing exam components and documentation.
- Accurately enters medical data and clearance into WebChart database.
- Performs quality reviews and corrects data entry errors.
- Scans and prepares medical records for clinicians to review.
- Notifies employees of their results and any actions needed.
- Assists employees with scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Reports medical clearances to employees and safety contacts.
- Provides copies of exam results as requested by Team Lead, clinician, or employee.
- Prepares medical provider contracts for approval and distribution.
- Processes invoices for approval using Ariba and CTREX.
- Maintains logs of activities and completed work.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with clinics and various customer -groups including staffing coordinators, clinicians, safety contacts, RMMs, GM and outside medical providers.
- 5-7 years of experience working as an Administrative Assistant or related role
- 3-5 years of experience working in a medical setting
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs
- Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Previous invoice processing experience
- High school diploma or GED required.