ACCOUNTING & FINANCE MANAGER
- Posted: over a month ago
The Accounting & Finance Manager is an integral member of the Stored Energy Concepts leadership team. This position will be responsible for the overall management of the company's finance and accounting functions.
- Oversees the general accounting function, including reconciliation, financial reporting, and balance sheet management, in accordance with all financial policies.
- Manages the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process.
- Assists internal or external auditors with periodic financial audits and ensures agreed upon recommendations are implemented and maintained.
- Creates and maintains the company budget and forecasting, including managing the annual revenue, expense and capital budgeting process, including providing managers with budget guidance and training.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Leads continuous improvement for the Finance department by implementing structure, processes, and policies to improve the overall function of the department.
- Supervises the Finance team on a day-to-day basis, including setting objectives and managing priorities, conducting performance reviews and providing ongoing coaching.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Collaborate with operations and sales teams to achieve all business objectives, and prepare business proposals and recommendations
- Develop financial plans and perform comparative analysis.
- Prepare reports on income and expense of the company, coordinate with various departments to compile all financial reports.
- Develop, implement, and manage analytical reporting tools to design efficient reports and databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Experience with Sage software preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance. MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- 3 - 6 years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
What We Do:
At Stored Energy Concepts, Inc., we design and develop devices that use the energy stored in pyrotechnic mixtures to accomplish mission-critical tasks for the military, banking, and healthcare industries.
Who We Are:
We are a team of mission-driven individuals with a passion for purposeful innovation. We love to celebrate and put employees at the center of everything we do. As we continue to grow, we are always looking for smart, savvy, and passionate professionals to join our team.
From competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages to education reimbursement and referral bonuses, we offer employees benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers. Imagine working for a company that puts your well-being first and having fun all at the same time!
Midatlantic Employers' Association
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?