The Midas Store Manager is responsible for business operations and store performance (safety, efficiencies, and profit/loss accountability). He or she promotes customer satisfaction and retention and growth of existing and new business. In addition, the Store Manager owns overall operations in terms of cost control, inventory management, environmental compliance, and most importantly, safety. He or she provides strong and consistent leadership to cultivate and maintain a harmonious, collaborative, and highly productive work culture.
We are looking for a seasoned manager with an entrepreneurial spirit who will assume responsibility for operations, financial performance, morale, and growth initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position has a college degree or some coursework (preferred), three years of experience in the automotive repair business, some supervisory/management/mentor experience, a continuous improvement background, P&L experience, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
As a Midas Store Manager, you will manage and direct all automotive and general service technicians in the operation of the shop, including:
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, schedule and coach employees
- Deliver exceptional customer service while listening and consulting customers
- Following up with customers, services requested, estimated completion times etc.
- Oversee complete vehicle inspections and then make comprehensive recommendations—building computerized repair orders and sourcing parts
- Deliver and discuss pricing estimates with customers as well as promoting shop service specials
- Lead, manage, and train team while keeping in tune with our companies’ vision, purpose, core values, and employee creed.
- Oversee all sales, accounting and clerical functions from Service Advisors
- Oversee technicians’ inspections, diagnosing and repairing of domestic, European and Asian cars and light trucks
- Maintain inventory counts
- Responsible for any inventory losses
- Overall cleanliness and organization of the facility, including environmental compliance
- Employee’s payroll; record keeping of hours and scheduling
- Updating and submitting daily sales reports to Corporate
- A minimum of 2 years of store or service manager experience
- General automotive knowledge
- Excellent customer service disposition
- Good communication skills
- Strong POS computer and Internet skills
- Leadership ability
- Team building skills
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Valid driver’s license