Services Coordinator II
Pleasanton, CA, US
Requisition ID: 2179
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager (PM), the Services Coordinator II (SC II) helps to promote programs and advance services objectives developed by MidPen Senior Services at the assigned property and coordinates effective linkages to resources and referrals for the residents. The Senior Services Coordinator is responsible for properties with the highest resident population and/or highest level of resident need.
Your day to day:
- Provides general service management which includes intake, education (services available and application procedures) and referral of residents to service providers in the general community. These social services may include meals-on-wheels, transportation, home health aides, homemakers, financial assistance, counseling, preventative health screening, and other needed services.
- Housing Success/Eviction prevention: Orient new residents. Assist residents with accessing rent/utility assistance, Case Management services, housekeeping services and other connections to resources needed to prevent notices and evictions when possible. Assist and monitor residents to ensure satisfactory tenancy.
- Develops a Resource Directory. This directory may include a listing of state and/or local service providers that residents can contact for assistance (e.g. services to families, children, individuals who are elderly, persons with disabilities, emergency assistance). In many cases, State and local governments can also provide a listing of the non-profit agencies with which they contract for services.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor of Social Work or degree in Psychology, Gerontology or Health Education or equivalent experience is preferable. Supervisory experience may be necessary in some situations.
- Two years' experience in social service delivery with elderly and/or family populations.
- Two years of experience as a Service Coordinator.
- Working knowledge of supportive services and other resources in the area served by the community.
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation, sick, and personal holiday accruals
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness platform and program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Creative collaboration in a fast-changing and crucially important industry
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
- Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
- Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
- Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
- Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
- Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization's success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find a community. Apply today!
To apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6034ee89-6adc-4637-8e43-76850c78be6c&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=299589&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency