Foster City, CA, US
Requisition ID: 2176
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities which allows people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
MidPen Housing associates an advance culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity to effectively bridge across differences which are representative of the communities we serve. We seek to have a high performing, inclusive, and engaged workforce that is centered around constant learning.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the development process for new construction, acquisition and rehabilitation projects. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Real Estate and Director of Housing Development, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring a financially and operationally viable development in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Your Day to Day:
- Identify sites for potential housing developments
- Assist in site acquisition negotiations with property owners
- Assist in completion of site feasibility analysis
- Procure and review of due diligence reports for potential sites.
- Prepare conceptual financial analysis for potential sites
- Prepare a preliminary critical path schedule showing timing of key project milestones
- Initiate and maintain coordination with all internal stakeholder departments including property management and services
- Ensure that the building program, financing plan, and operating budget/reserves meet MidPen standards
- Maintain accurate budget and schedule for review by the Vice President of Real Estate and other internal partners.
- Schedule and budget changes are communicated in a timely manner
- Prepare reports to the Board of Directors regarding project status as requested
- Obtain and close financing for the development, including taking the lead in negotiations
- Prepare and submit financing packages
- Clearly document loan and partnership terms for file and for approval
- Create and maintain up-to-date proformas that accurately reflect the project budget, expenses to date and financing plan
- Apply for and obtain required government permits and approvals
- Manage a team of design consultants through the process of obtaining planning approvals
- Manage the community acceptance process
- Manage the building permit process
- Lead a development team, including architects, engineers, contractors, attorneys, and other consultants through the development process
- Lead the design process
- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and monitor contracts
- Monitor project costs, materials and schedule through construction, in consultation with Asset Management & Facilities Dept.
- Prepare project summary and execute file transfer to central files
- Represent the corporation before public bodies as needed
- Network with appropriate groups and individuals
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external entities
- Performs other assignments as requested.
What You Bring:
- Master's Degree in Urban Planning, Community Development, Architecture or related fields with an emphasis on real estate development or commensurate experience
- Minimum of two years' experience in low-income housing development
- Experience securing entitlements and financing for at least one development for which the person had primary responsibility during all phases of development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local and Private sources of financing for low income housing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate good political instincts and judgment
- Ability to prepare financial feasibility analysis, conduct research and prepare narrative reports and proposals
- Ability to work in fast-moving, flexible environment and maintain priorities and project management skills
- Must have valid CA Driver License, current auto insurance, and reliable transportation
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
- Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
- Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
- Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
- Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
- Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization's success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
To apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6034ee89-6adc-4637-8e43-76850c78be6c&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=299093&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency