Maintenance Technician I
Sunnyvale, CA, US
Requisition ID: 2193
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities which allows people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
MidPen Housing associates an advance culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity to effectively bridge across differences which are representative of the communities we serve. We seek to have a high performing, inclusive, and engaged workforce that is centered around constant learning.
Under the supervision of the Community Manager, the Maintenance Technician I is responsible for
the overall maintenance of the property.
Your day to day:
- Assist supervisor with move-ins, move-outs, and annual inspections.
- Promptly prepare vacant units for re-occupancy.
- Assist in maintaining inventory control of all maintenance tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Clean common areas including laundry rooms, rest rooms, recreation centers, offices and hallways.
- Perform typical maintenance duties such as, but not limited to:
- Light electrical repairs to appliances, fixtures, switches and circuits.
- Light plumbing repairs to water and sewage systems including replacement of fittings and clearing of stoppages.
- Replacement of glass, tile, screens, locks and drapes.
- Painting interiors and exteriors.
- Assure that all required work orders are accurately completed and filed in apartment unit files with periodic and routine grounds activity. Complete reports as needed.
- Have reliable knowledge of all utility routing and cut-offs, including shop and storage rooms, and ensure equipment is secure.
What you bring:
- High School diploma is highly preferred
- One year of experience with maintenance, landscape and irrigation systems
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Software.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and scale ladders
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License, auto insurance and reliable transportation
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- Free on-site parking
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
- Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
- Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
- Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
- Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
- Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization's success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
To apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6034ee89-6adc-4637-8e43-76850c78be6c&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=300534&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency