Lead Desk Clerk
Part-Time 20 +EAP 403 Part-Time
Fremont, CA, US
Requisition ID: 2200
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 5:30pm and Monday: 4:00pm - 12:30am
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities which allows people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
MidPen Housing associates an advance culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity to effectively bridge across differences which are representative of the communities we serve. We seek to have a high performing, inclusive, and engaged workforce that is centered around constant learning.
Under the direction of the Community Manager the Administrative Clerk is responsible for maintaining the front office and assisting with administrative needs. Duties include assisting the residents, visitors, guests, and applicants as needed and maintaining the security and safety of the building.
Your day to day:
- Greet and screen all visitors and guests as they enter and leave the building.
- Ensure visitor log, daily log, and other front desk forms are kept up to date.
- File, prepare correspondence, sort and distribute mail.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and route telephone messages.
- Maintain orderly appearance of front entrance, lobby area, and adjoining rooms and areas.
- Enforce Community Policies and House Rules.
- Respond to resident complaints and assist in the resolution of resident disputes with support of the Community Manager.
- Post and distribute tenant notices.
- Receive resident work orders and maintain work order log. Ensure work orders are completed in as much detail as possible and follow up with residents to assure satisfaction.
- Assist in new resident application process.
- Assist in completing annual certifications.
- Assist in scheduling desk clerk schedule/coverage.
- Assist in training and on-boarding new desk clerks
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance to support operational needs.
- Monitor video camera system and building security.
- In the event of building emergencies (flood, fire, riots, etc.) notify appropriate emergency or management personnel. Maintain familiarity with emergency evacuation procedures and building systems i.e. elevator, water shut-off, gas shut off.
- Attend in-house and offsite trainings and company events as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Must have High School Diploma/GED equivalent and a minimum of one year's related receptionist or administrative experience.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint) highly preferred.
- Willingness to learn new software and automated systems when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with problems and handle residents and customers in a calm, empathetic manner.
- Sensitivity to issues facing homeless, disabled and elderly populations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, in (legible) handwriting, and written electronically (such as via email) to professionally relay findings and information pertaining to the Property Management division. Includes ability to manage inquiries from residents, public agencies and members of the community.
- Basic English and Math competency.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks independently and ability to meet deadlines using demonstrated time management skills.
- Maintain ability to work flexible hours and travel between properties and off-site meetings with advance notice.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy.
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of MidPen Services and MidPen Housing.
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other: Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
- Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
- Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
- Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
- Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization's success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
To apply, visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6034ee89-6adc-4637-8e43-76850c78be6c&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=300974&source=CC3&lang=en_US
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency