MidPen Housing Corp. Foster City, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the supervision of the Associate Facilities Manager and the direction of the Senior Floating Maintenance Lead, the Maintenance Technician Floater performs maintenance and operations activities to support all MidPen communities and their staff. This position is responsible for providing maintenance and technical support to the Community Managers and site Maintenance Technicians.
- Acts as on-site Maintenance Technician
- Performs maintenance duties at various properties
- Provides maintenance coverage during site maintenance staff vacations and/or illnesses
- Assists, augments, substitutes for property staff with move-ins, move-outs, and inspections
- Supports and maintains inventory control of properties’ maintenance tools, equipment, and supplies\
- Assists, enhances, or substitutes for property staff in the cleaning of common areas including laundry rooms, rest rooms, recreation centers, offices, and hallways (sweeps, mops, vacuums, empties trash, and cleans windows)
- Performs typical maintenance duties such as, but not limited to:
- Electrical repairs to appliances, fixtures, switches, and circuits
- Plumbing repairs to water and sewage systems including replacement of fixtures, fittings, and clearing of stoppages
- Replacement of glass, tile, screens, locks, drapes, blinds
- Interior and exterior painting
- Grounds and irrigation service and repairs
- Completes work orders and accurately documents their close out
- Assists, augments, or substitutes site staff to maintain safety, curb appeal, and cleanliness, cleans and sanitizes trash containers and areas as needed
- Assists site staff with reliable knowledge and documentation of utility routing and shut offs
- Supports and be a resource to site staff regarding fire and life safety items and inspections
- Participates in preventative maintenance coverage, training, and special projects programs
- Assists in preparing vacated units for re-occupancy by performing the following cleans floors/carpets, appliances (refrigerators and ranges), wipes down walls, doors, windows, screens, countertops, cleans bathrooms, and paints
- Protects the safety of residents and staff by repairing, remediating, documenting, and communicating safety concerns
- Performs other assignments as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of experience in general apartment, hotel, or facilities, maintenance or a combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to use own basic hand tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good work ethic, dependability, coachability
- Proficiency in, or ability to become proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel software, as well as MidPen Housing specific software packages
- Safety conscious with ability and willingness to become knowledgeable of OSHA and Building Code procedures and regulations
- Ability to see maintenance issues and plan preventative measures
- Demonstrated interest in affordable housing desirable
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of MidPen Services and MidPen Housing
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, have reliable transportation, and current auto insurance
- This position is considered moderately to highly physical and requires a lot of standing, bending, lifting and walking
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, push and pull, ascend/descend stairs, reach and lift overhead 20 lbs., climb on ladders and roofs, crawl in confined spaces, and lift 50lbs. to 42” on a regular basis
- Ability to see, hear, and speak
- Works in all types of weather inside and outside
- Responds to emergency calls at night and or on weekends
- Wears protective safety equipment and clothing as needed
- With proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training, enters common areas and residences to make critical/emergency service and repairs
- Ability to travel between properties
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
To provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
We have established a list of core values which guide our work and culture: how we treat one another, our residents and our partners. We believe that upholding these values will help MidPen achieve operational excellence and will create an environment where employees feel valued and inspired to their best work. Our values are Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE).
MidPen Housing Corp.Why Work Here?
Mission driven organization, excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, great team
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation. To provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect. We have established a list of core values which guide our work and culture: how we treat one another, our residents and our partners. We believe that upholding these values will help MidPen achieve operational excellence and will create an environment where employees feel valued and inspired to their best work. Our values are Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE).
AddressFoster City, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at MidPen Housing Corp.