Teacher Assistant - Head Start
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**$1,000 HIRING BONUS!**
Join our Head Start team! The Teacher Assistant works with Teachers and Family Educators to provide support in education, riding the bus, food service, and cleaning.
This position has multiple openings available. Some vacancies for this position will be covering temporary maternity leave.
Candidates must submit an application by 1/24 to be considered for first-round interviews.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Level 1 ($13.25): Requires high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 6 months of experience working in a Head Start classroom or 1 year of experience working with preschool children in a classroom/childcare setting. *Must obtain Child Development Associate (CDA) OR Certificate of Completion in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college within two years from the date of hire to maintain employment in the Program.
Level 2 ($16.20): High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Certificate of Completion in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college.
Bilingual English-Spanish capabilities are preferred, but not required. To qualify as bilingual, staff must possess demonstrated abilities to speak, write, and read fluently in Spanish and English and pass a bilingual test. *Bilingual staff may receive a pay differential based on HS Program language needs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Registration with the Criminal History Registry of the Child Care Division**.
- Provides results of initial physical examination.
- Valid driver's license and insured vehicle available for use on the job. Satisfactory drive record for past three years.
- First Aid/CPR certification and Food Handler's Card, or ability to obtain.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related information technology.
- This position is subject to MWVCAA's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for client-facing positions.
- Required to frequently reach with hands and arms; regularly required to climb or balance; occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to quickly evacuate children from the classroom in an emergency.
- Manual dexterity for handling office equipment.
- Mostly indoor classroom and bus riding environment.
- Frequent outdoor supervision of children and monitoring pick up/drop off.
- Occasional exposure to cleaning chemicals, creative substances such as paints.
- Occasional exposure to body fluids/biohazards (such as saliva, vomit and urine).
- Potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other conditions. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face coverings may be required.
**Enrollment in the Central Background Registry is beneficial if you are even considering working with children in the State of Oregon, since it will be required before you can start a position. Enrollment is free and it is recommended that you start now as the process can take time. Start enrollment online at: oregonearlylearning.com
*COVID-19 Alert: This position includes performing essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and potential exposure to others who may be infected with the virus. I understand that if I am feeling unwell or have knowledge that I have had contact with an individual with a positive COVID-19 test, I will report it to my supervisor and HR-COVID@mwvcaa.org and that I must use available PPE and practice social distancing whenever possible according to agency policies.
MWVCAA is committed to promoting and achieving diversity, equity and inclusion with employees and with those we serve. The agency strives to be an employer of choice with a vision for all people to be respected for their infinite worth, and supported to envision and reach a positive future.
MWVCAA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, veterans, and people with disabilities or any other protected category. We welcome all people to join us in achieving our Mission. If you require any assistance in the application process, or reasonable accommodations to perform the essential duties of the position, please notify a member of our team at (503) 585-6232.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
EducationView all jobs at Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency