Program Manager - ARCHES
- Expired: January 25, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The ARCHES Day Center Program Manager is responsible for administering programming aimed at improving the quality of life for the area's homeless population, and responsible for the ARCHES Project Day Center and the Benevolent Meal Program. This position will provide direct supervision of program staff and volunteers, oversee project operations; develop policies and procedures; ensure compliance with grant requirements; provide staff support and guidance during client interactions; facilitate conflict resolution; track data and compile reports; network and maintain positive partnerships with partner agencies, and participate as a member of the program's Management Team.
This position is open until filled.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a Social Service or a related field and a minimum of three years of management experience in a social service field; OR
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidates will possess an advanced degree with three or more years of homeless service delivery experience and mental health certifications and/or licensing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Candidate must pass a comprehensive MWVCAA background screening prior to employment.
- This position is subject to MWVCAA's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITES
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to read, analyze and articulate technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Must possess excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form.
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy and empathy when communicating formally and informally with clients, staff and program partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Provides support to staff when client interactions escalate.
- Establishes and maintains an active working relationship with law enforcement, neighbors, and city officials.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and the expansion of Day Center services (shower, laundry, meals, and storage facilities.)
- Oversees the ARCHES parking lot to ensure program compliance and safety standards.
- Builds and maintains relationships with volunteers and provides training for a growing volunteer base.
- Organizes community events in an effort to recruit volunteers and expand our volunteer program.
- Participates in internal and external meetings, trainings, and other compliance events.
- Gathers raw data and constructs Excel spreadsheets and reports of data as needed.
- Applies for shelter and basic needs services funding to expand service opportunities.
- Adheres to program policies in order to protect staff, client and volunteer safety.
- Demonstrates excellence in, and manages the Day Center and staff in accordance with, Program Critical Goals.
- Provides the highest level of client service possible.
- Provides low barrier client-centered process to services.
- Demonstrates evidence of excellence in prioritization tools, Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), and other data-driven protocols.
- Embraces the mission and best practice philosophies of Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, recovery, client-centered services, and Harm Reduction strategies.
- Develops programmatic marketing materials that explain and promote program services.
- Complies with agency quarterly and annual reports, as well as application of the HMIS.
- Complies with all federal, state, and grant program and funding requirements, setting high standards for data quality and compliance performance.
Directly supervises approximately 15-20 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity for handling office equipment.
- Driving in all weather conditions.
- Ability to effectively de-escalate heightened interactions.
- Regulates emotions and handles pressures of frequent demands for attention, time and work tasks.
- Regulates emotions and maintains calm disposition during interactions with escalated clients and staff.
- This position requires on-site work and is not eligible for remote work.
- Works evenings, weekends, and holiday work when necessary, as well as frequent availability during demanding seasonal periods.
- Indoor work environment with frequent interruptions and demands.
- Close quarters with a client population experiencing homelessness, substance use disorders, and/or severe and persistent mental illness, and/or unpredictable behavior.
- Working with customers/clients over the phone and in person.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other conditions. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face coverings may be required.
*COVID-19 Alert: This position includes performing essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and potential exposure to others who may be infected with the virus. I understand that if I receive a positive test, I will report it to HR at and my supervisor and wait to be released back to work by HR. I also understand that I must use available PPE and practice social distancing whenever possible according to agency policies.
MWVCAA is committed to promoting and achieving diversity, equity and inclusion with employees and with those we serve. The agency strives to be an employer of choice with a vision for all people to be respected for their infinite worth, and supported to envision and reach a positive future.
MWVCAA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, veterans, and people with disabilities or any other protected category. We welcome all people to join us in achieving our Mission. If you require any assistance in the application process, or reasonable accommodations to perform the essential duties of the position, please notify a member of our team at (503) 585-6232.
**This is a partial list of essential duties and responsibilities. To review the full job description, please apply at mwvcaa.org/careers/.
If you need ADA accommodations to apply for MWVCAA job openings, please contact Human Resources at or call 503-585-6232 to ask for a HR Team Member.
Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
BusinessView all jobs at Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
Get fresh Arch Staffing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.