On-Call Preschool Teacher - Head Start
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**$1,000 HIRING BONUS!**
The Head Start Substitute Teacher supports our Teachers in working with preschool children to promote children's growth in the areas of social-emotional, physical, cognitive and language development. This is a non-benefited position, working up to 19 hours a week, with starting pay of $26.61 per hour for Associates Degree and $30.24 per hour for a Bachelor's Degree.
Candidates must submit their application by 1/24 in order to be considered for first-round interviews.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED.)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in early childhood programs.
- CDA or 1 year certificate in Early Childhood Education.
- **If qualifying with a CDA or 1-year certificate, must obtain an Associates degree in Early Childhood Education within 1 year of hire date. Non Early Childhood Education Degree must have at least 18 credits of Early Childhood Education within 1 year of hire date.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATION
- Registration with the Central Background Registry of the Child Care Division**.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Valid Oregon Driver's License and insured vehicle available for use on the job, or acceptable alternative.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR certification and Food Handler's Certification.
- This position is subject to MWVCAA's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for client-facing positions.
**Enrollment in the Central Background Registry is beneficial if you are even considering working with children in the State of Oregon, since it will be required before you can start a position. Enrollment is free and it is recommended that you start now as the process can take time. Start enrollment online at: oregonearlylearning.com
*COVID-19 Alert: This position includes performing essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and potential exposure to others who may be infected with the virus. I understand that if I am feeling unwell or have knowledge that I have had contact with an individual with a positive COVID-19 test, I will report it to my supervisor and HR-COVID@mwvcaa.org and that I must use available PPE and practice social distancing whenever possible according to agency policies.
MWVCAA is committed to promoting and achieving diversity, equity and inclusion with employees and with those we serve. The agency strives to be an employer of choice with a vision for all people to be respected for their infinite worth, and supported to envision and reach a positive future.
MWVCAA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, veterans, and people with disabilities or any other protected category. We welcome all people to join us in achieving our Mission. If you require any assistance in the application process, or reasonable accommodations to perform the essential duties of the position, please notify a member of our team at (503) 585-6232.
Job Listing #2021038
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
EducationView all jobs at Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency