HEAD START Teacher Assistants and Substitutes
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MWVCAA is committed to promoting and achieving diversity, equity and inclusion with employees and with those we serve. The agency strives to be an employer of choice with a visionfor all people to be respected for their infinite worth, and supported to envision and reach a positive future.The Teacher Assistant works with teachers and family educators to provide support in one or more of the following areas: education, bus supervision, food service, and site or classroom cleaning and organizing of supplies.
- Maintains classroom environments, including the organization of space and materials storage, helping to rotate materials in accordance with the Creative Curriculum. Helps to plan weekly curriculum in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Gathers and prepares developmentally appropriate materials and activities.
- Is positive when working with children; talking, playing, laughing and singing. Participates in children's activities.
- Spontaneous and flexible in meeting children's individual needs, encouraging children to verbalize their own feelings and ideas. Anticipates and acts upon children's needs and difficulties.
- Provides a safe environment with supervision of children at all times, consistently applying emergency procedures and communicable disease procedures.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 6 months experience working in a Head Start classroom or 1 year experience working with preschool children in a classroom/childcare setting.
Frequent kneeling, stooping, bending, and sitting on the floor to attend to children's needs. This position is rated as active and occasionally requires the individual to lift 50 pounds Must be able to ride a school bus with children for assigned periods of time. Initial post-offer health examination and a periodicre-examination (as recommended by health care provider) to assure that the employee does not, because of communicable diseases, pose a significant risk to the health or safety of others, that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
Mission Statement: Empowering people to change their lives and exit poverty by providing vital resources and community leadership.
MWVCAA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, veterans, and people with disabilities or any other protected category. We welcome all people to join us in achieving our Mission. If you require any assistance in the application process, or reasonable accommodations to perform the essential duties of the position, please notify a member of our team at (503) 585-6232.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro