- Expired: October 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Facilities Specialist is responsible for the installation, repairs, and operation of access control, security camera systems, and other security systems throughout the agency, as well as general scheduling of vendors for upkeep of all agency-owned facilities. The person in this position will operate equipment and use tools to perform security installations and repairs. The Facilities Specialist plans scheduled work with agency staff to accomplish tasks in a cooperative and positive manner; assuring site workspaces are in good working order, safe, and clean at all times.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of 1 year of work experience in facility maintenance, cabling or a combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience assessing, problem-solving issues, and making repairs that meet quality and safety standards.
- Safe operation of vehicles, and a variety of power/hand tools and testing devices.
- Effective communication skills and moderate computer and cell phone proficiencies are required.
- Available to respond quickly to after-hours requests for assistance.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or other language is not required, but it is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Valid driver license with satisfactory drive record for the past 3 years.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening due to agency vehicle driving requirements.
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Check*
- Registration with the Central Background Registry of the Child Care Division
- Able to comply with COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy or have an approved exemption by start date.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Installation of various electronics and cabling according to instruction and training.
- Inspects buildings, facilities, and equipment to ascertain required repairs and make recommendations to supervisor.
- Transport materials, tools, and equipment to work site for installation and/or repair.
- Operates a variety of vehicles and equipment; participates in making minor repairs to keep equipment operational; informs supervisor and Program Directors of all equipment and buildings needing major repair work.
- Contacts and works collaboratively with environmental services or utility services or contractors in the event of a facility emergency, such as flood, blood spill, chemical or gas hazard event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Occasional indoor and frequent outdoor work environments in a variety of weather (heat, cold, wet) with frequent interruptions and work schedules may fluctuate occasionally depending on the maintenance issues.
- Exposure to trash and potential exposure to streets, lots, grounds, crawl spaces, and dirty water or substances, such as sewage and mud.
- Occasional interaction with the public, this position is an on-site position and not approved for remote work, except for occasional online/virtual meetings.
- Potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious conditions. Face coverings and other PPE may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Required to frequently reach with hands and arms; regularly required to climb or balance; occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, bend, twist, crouch, or crawl.
- Driving agency vehicles in all weather.
- Manual dexterity for handling equipment. Regular push/pull of 50 pounds. Ladder and overhead reaching work frequently required.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*COVID-19 Alert: This position includes performing essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and potential exposure to others who may be infected with the virus. I understand that if I am feeling unwell or have knowledge that I have had contact with an individual with a positive COVID-19 test, I will report it to or contact HR and self-isolate according to agency policies. I also understand that I must use available PPE and practice social distancing whenever possible according to agency policies.
MWVCAA is committed to promoting and achieving diversity, equity and inclusion with employees and with those we serve. The agency strives to be an employer of choice with a vision for all people to be respected for their infinite worth, and supported to envision and reach a positive future.
MWVCAA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, veterans, and people with disabilities or any other protected category. We welcome all people to join us in achieving our Mission. If you require any assistance in the application process, or reasonable accommodations to perform the essential duties of the position, please notify a member of our team at (503) 585-6232.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
Real EstateView all jobs at Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
Get fresh Facility Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.