- $20 to $30 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Mid Valley Disposal is currently seeking applicants for our dynamic Maintenance department. Are you excited by the opportunity of contributing to a company that is making a difference on their daily driven vehicles and want to help ensure that Mid Valley Disposal operates safely while driving our growth and innovation as a leading environmental and recycling organization? In this role you will help Mid Valley Disposal by supporting our Maintenance Team and will be responsible for performing repairs to all company owned equipment such as trucks, trailers, yellow iron and automobiles to company and DOT standards. Mechanics are expected to diagnose and communicate parts and repair needs of all equipment in the fleet to the shop supervisor. Mechanics will perform all aspects of truck and equipment repair to include but not limited to, Electrical, Hydraulic, Brakes, Suspension, steering as well as performing Preventive Maintenance.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WOULD BE EXPECTED TO:
- Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement and essential function of all positions
- Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members and other departments
- Perform scheduled service, Preventative maintenance, and unscheduled maintenance on all company owned equipment to include road calls.
- Document parts, time, and description of repairs for every unit to be turned in at the end of every shift
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical issues that are reported on DVIR’s and communicate repairs on DVIR back to the driver
- Use appropriate resources to effectively and efficiently diagnose and repair units
- Must be able to perform road calls to maintain maximum uptime
- Have knowledge of welding and be able to perform welding repairs as needed
- Will attend vendor and company sponsored training
- Proactively communicate issues to supervisors as they arise
- Must be able to contribute to the goals of the Shop, Leadership Team, and Company
- Abides by all company policies, and safety rules, and assists with maintaining a clean, safe workplace
- Will perform any other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Class C license is required, Class A or B preferred
- ASE Certified is a plus but not required
- Must be able to diagnose with a Diagnostic laptop or equivalent
- Applicant should be self-motivated, safety oriented and be able to work in a deadline driven environment
- Experience servicing Class 6-8 and heavy-duty equipment required
- Hydraulic and electrical system experience is a plus
- Experience in the waste industry is preferred but not required
This is a full-time position with a benefits package. Hourly rate will be determined based on experience and training of the candidate. Schedule will be Monday through Friday 1pm start time. Must be willing to work Saturdays.
Mid Valley Disposal proudly serves the California Central Valley. We are a fast-paced, high complexity organization with more 8 locations and growing. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate about providing our employees with an exceptional employee experience, while treating fellow coworkers with dignity and respect.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
POSITION LOCATION: Mid Valley Disposal has 8 locations throughout the Central Valley. This position is in Kingsburg
Hourly rate will be determined based on experience, $20-$30 Hourly.
- Competitive Pay
- Great Development & Growth Opportunities
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- Employee Discounts
- Corporate Wellness Programs
- Community Service, Community Education & Volunteering Opportunities
ABOUT MID VALLEY DISPOSAL
Founded in 1997, Mid Valley Disposal (MVD) is the leading locally owned and operated company that services recycling, organics, and solid waste in the Central Valley. The Kalpakoff family has four generations of experience in successfully operating a solid waste management company in California. Today, MVD is being operated by Joseph and Jonathan Kalpakoff (fourth generation). With over 350 employees, MVD provides exclusive collection services to a total of 31 local jurisdictions and is permitted to provide collection services in Fresno, Merced, Madera, Kings, and Tulare Counties.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EMPLOYMENT AT MID VALLEY DISPOSAL OR TO VIEW ALL OF OUR OPENINGS, PLEASE VISIT:
Mid Valley DisposalKingsburg, CA
AutomotiveView All Mid Valley Disposal Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.